At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation.
Act as a business partner to Project Director in all financial and commercial matters and actively drive the project's performance. Can be assigned to one or multiple medium-sized projects or to one single large project. Ensure financial performance for project by preparing financial analyses, ensuring cost controls, providing recommendations for financial decisions, and serving as the main finance representative for assigned project/projects. Work with different expertise within the financial areas to optimize the project performance with consciousness of the remaining risks. Collaborate with other functions to proactively reach effective business decisions.Your Responsibilities
- Compliance & Internal control: Is responsible for adherence to corporate governance, integrity, assurance, internal control, group charter, business specific finance directives and instructions.
- Follows up on internal project audit reports and ensures timely implementation of all required actions related to projects under responsibility.
- Project execution: Prepares a Project Financial Execution Plan (as part of an overall Project Execution Plan covering all financial, commercial and tax aspects such as permanent establishment, revenue recognition methods, billing plan, payment securities, consortium administration, import duties and VAT, etc.).and update as responsible of Project Cost & Finance Management Plan.
- Prepares project invoices, financial accounting and reporting (including project site accounting).
- Drive and seek for optimization of Project Cash Flow, Revenues and GM contribution together with Project Director. Oversees currency risk, bonds and guarantees and tax issues.
- Additional tasks: handling of variation orders, preparing of finance input to line reporting, assess petty cash account and payments, follow-up on scope.
- Is responsible for the correctness of project balance sheet and income statement as well as for cash flow and monthly/quarterly forecast.
- Monitoring and review: Establishes project governance process.
- Participates in opportunity/risk identification, ensure that all required mitigation actions are timely implemented. Drives, coordinates and prepares monthly project reviews jointly with Project Director.
- Reviews and have a jointly responsibility with the Project Director for all Financial aspects of the project including Estimate at completion and related Cost-to-complete, forecasted Revenues and Cash Flow, Risks and Opportunities assessment and ensure alignment with other functions including Project Controls, planning/scheduling.
- Supports the Project Manager in coordinating and preparing monthly project reviews.
- Participates in preparing the project cost report.
- Verifies the substance for cost to complete.
- Create input for customer reports.
- Prepare and support in audits - external as well as internal audits.
- Commercial terms: Promotes commercial awareness in the project team and provides commercial input to the project execution plan (such as T&Cs in supply management, claims, back-to-back conditions).
- Drives claim management, back-charges and insurance cases and monitors the proper follow up together with the Contract Manager/Project Manager upstream (towards customer), side-stream (towards consortia partner) as well as downstream (towards suppliers).
- Organization: Drive the setup and closure of permanent establishment and branch offices where required for the project. Is responsible jointly with the Tax function for timely filing of financial/tax reports of project branches.
- People leadership and development: Supervises on a project basis Project Controllers and Site Controllers - depending on the size and complexity of the project.
- Individual contributor using in-depth knowledge in a specific area to execute complex or specialized projects / challenges often thinking independently to challenge traditional solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of related disciplines in the organization.
- Works independently, applying established standards and instructs or coaches other professionals.
- Leads teams or manages teams.
- Need to be aware of dealing with cross country culture.
More About Us
- Relevant Industry experience in the similar or equivalent industry with Project and/or Tender controlling background.
- CA or equivalent degree. Skills - Critical thinking, professional and with strong analytical skills. Supportive.
- Experience: 2-7years of work experience within finance with SAP experience
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world's energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
Basic Info Location Gurgaon, Haryana, India Job type Full time Experience Experienced Job function Finance Contract Regular Publication date 2024-01-16 Reference number R0025310
Share this job
Skills: Sap, Bonds, Claims, Cash Flow, Financial Accounting, guarantees, Project Controls
Experience: 2.00-7.00 Years