About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, European Union's leading bank with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 10000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is the European Union's leading bank and key player in international banking. It operates in 65 countries and has nearly 185,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main fields of activity: Commercial, Personal Banking & Services for the Group's commercial & personal banking and several specialised businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment, and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, the Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, BNP Paribas has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy, and Luxembourg. The Group is rolling out its integrated commercial & personal banking model across several Mediterranean countries, Turkey, and Eastern Europe. As a key player in international banking, the Group has leading platforms and business lines in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. BNP Paribas has implemented a Corporate Social Responsibility approach in all its activities, enabling it to contribute to the construction of a sustainable future, while ensuring the Group's performance and stability
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
BengaluruBusiness Line / Function:
Derivatives Execution & Clearing OperationsReports to:
Team leader/Assistant ManagerGrade:
(Functional) Number of Direct Reports:
NADirectorship / Registration:
The candidate would be Part of Derivative Execution and clearing team, working along with the DEC Market Fees Reconciliation and Brokerage team.The role would concentrate To clear and allocate exchange traded derivatives trade on behalf of the client. Ensure all top day trades are cleared and reconciled against cleaning house by the end of day.
The role requires a high level of attention to detail, to ensure BNPP SA's external end client fees are validated and any required corrections or amendments are processed accurately and according to procedure. The candidate would be working with large volumes of trade data so should be comfortable using Excel to summarize, as well as to drill down and independently investigate any discrepancies that may arise.
Work effectively with team members to accomplish common goals. Generate creative solutions to problems, Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload in an organized manner.
Undertake a variety of financial and non-financial tasks in order to help guarantee the company's revenues; handle the processing of incoming payments along with the issuing of necessary paperwork .Responsibilities
- Be the 1st point of contact for all counterparties (clients, brokers, CCPs) with regards to trade allocation/clearing
- Top day trade monitoring and allocation for involved exchanges to ensure STP trade flow
- Follow up of pending trades closely and ensure all clients trades are booked at T day
- Perform timely reconciliation between internal systems and Exchanges ones
- Identify, assess, monitor and control the risks of the activity
- Clearing Houses vs Back Office Reconciliations (margins, premiums , positions, initial margins)
- Ensure that reports sent to clients are reliable
- Manage daily payments and intra-day margin calls
- Ensure that all clients related issues, queries and request are addressed in an efficient, accurate and timely manner
- Monitoring of corporate action events impacting the underlying contracts
- Follow up of instructions settlement processing
- Maintenance of the accountancy balance (Market fees reconciliation, CCP vs client cash flows...)
- Participate in projects to drive the business forward to deliver internal or market system releases (Market releases, MO/BO tools enhancements...)
- Monitoring position for T and t+1
- Process the reconciliation vis-à-vis the clearing house (trades, position, premium, Initial margin, variation margin, fees etc.) for various markets across globe.
- Follow-up & solving client queries
- Adhere to daily checklist to ensure controls are followed.
- Contributing ideas to improve the process by identifying appropriate control measures.
- Ensure importance is given to four eye validation for each activity
- Managing BAU emails/ phone calls related to Listed Derivatives
- Ensure proper documentation for the purpose of risk and audit trail
- Abiding the Service Level Agreements.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple
Tasks and meets strict deadlines.
- Highlight any unresolved open items to the respective process Managers.
- Monitor activity progress against the goals and take appropriate corrective action as and when it is required
- Control and ensure that all tasks are processed accurately and on a timely manner
- Identify risk, suggest implementation of a first level of control.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Deal with client and brokers issues escalated by the team and share it with the management when appropriate
- Participate in client visits (if required) and conference calls
- client focus
- Collaborate /Liaise with other BNPP teams/stakeholders.
- Ensure that procedures are updated and validated on a timely manner
- Perform and updated the status of the assigned tasks in the daily task checklist.
- Breaks analysis and dispute resolution
Reconciliations - Exchange Fees, Market Fees, T+1
Specific Qualifications (if Required)
- Strong Communication skills required for an effective liaison with counterparties and internal stakeholders to the reconciliation process. (Middle offices, marketers, traders, credit, compliance and legal)
- Knowledge of Exchange Traded derivative products /ETD Clearing.
- Experience of the commodity exchanges' and CCPs' platforms - preferable though not required
- Flexibility to accommodate business requirements and working hours.
- Ability to use Excel at an intermediate level - essential
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills - essential
- Ability to analyse large volumes of data
- High attention to detail and quality focused
- Be comfortable with escalation and managing issues as they arise
- Forward thinking and proactive with the ability to question process
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team Player
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university
- Strong Communication skills and client focus oriented
- Fundamental understanding of clearing /Futures & Options markets.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
4-7 yearsOther/Specific Qualifications (if Required)
Standard / PermanentJob
OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level
Bachelor Degree or equivalent ( = 3 years)Experience Level
At least 5 yearsSchedule
Skills: options, Word, Clearing, Futures, Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Access, personal impact, Reconciliations, Attention To Detail, client focus , Critical Thinking, Analytical, Organizational, Excel, Communication
Experience: 4.00-7.00 Years