Senior Financial Analyst - Controllership and Process Audits
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge in controllership activities to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to subordinate level employees.
- Provides complex and occasionally highly complex financial analysis for a financial function or a business, typically exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Consults with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope.
- Advanced understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) particularly IFRS and its application.
- Understanding of external audit process and ability to manage relationship Big 4 auditors.
- Advanced Program/Project management for organizational initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design.
- Represents the business unit during cross-regional or cross- functional planning processes.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to analysts.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CA, CPA) preferred.
- Typically 8+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Good project management skills.
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,
and creating what's next. We're in search of talented people who are
inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to
making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is
respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of
something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can
belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.
When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottom
line. Come to HP and thrive!
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO):
HP, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prospective employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, uniformed service status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state, and local law(s).