About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Control Management Associate Manager.In this role, you will:
- Supervise Business Controls team of processors and analysts in their daily operational tasks, and evaluate workflow application of policies and procedures to ensure timely completion, quality, and compliance in relevant business groups.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and risk control development by assessing, managing, and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures associated with activities and operations.
- Recommend operational improvements in less complex functions.
- Make daily supervisory and tactical decisions to resolve business specific risk controls or processes under direction of functional area management.
- Leverage interpretation of policies, procedures, and compliance requirements during implementation of multiple complex initiatives with low to moderate risk
- Collaborate and consult with front line management and interact directly with relevant business groups.
- Monitor performance of individuals members according to established Business Controls standards and conduct performance evaluations
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Business Controls functional area
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assisting in hiring talent.
- Experience in Risk Management, Business Controls, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher. Relevant certifications will be an advantage.
- Overall experience of 10+ years with 7+ years of relevant experience in Financial Services industry and / or risk & control domains covering operational risk, controls testing / evaluation, compliance, internal audit, risk management etc.
- Experience in automation / advanced excel / reporting will be an advantage.
- General knowledge of industry standards and best practices around control evaluations / testing, internal audit and risk management processes.
- Experience creating test questions or test scripts.
- Experience assessing control design and performance through testing, audit or Risk Control Self-Assessment practices.
- Experience assessing processes, procedures and identifying controls.
- Experience in assessing risk, reviewing risk ratings, identifying control gaps and determining the appropriate evaluation methodology.
Posting End Date:
- Comprehensive understanding of operational risk management in the financial services or other highly regulated industries
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and readiness to work in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Flexibility to multitask and work across domains and business groups.
- Ability to credibly challenge, conduct tough conversations and effectively communicate with various levels of management.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
5 Feb 2024We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit.Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our to learn more.
Skills: Risk Management, Business Controls, Positive Attitude, Advanced Excel, Written, Attention To Detail, Verbal, Procedures, Reporting, Multitask, Automation, Accuracy, Interpersonal Communication Skills, Stakeholder Management, Analytical Skills, Testing, Internal Audit, Leadership
Experience: 7.00-10.00 Years