Qualcomm India Private LimitedJob Area
Finance & Accounting Group, Finance & Accounting Group Global Accounting Ops CenterGeneral Summary
The focus of the Accountant, Associate
is to complete end to end accounting including analysis and review (ensuring completeness and accuracy) of Journals. This includes providing reports and Accounting Reconciliations for the Business Units with internal and external stakeholders on accounting. Work with BU finance team for handling of all accounting and reconciliations.Principal Responsibilities
Experience And Qualifications
- Manage the complete end to end accounting,
- Manage external provider for a given country, ensuring all accounting are completed timely and accurately (99% accuracy)
- Prepare and reconcile monthly journal entries and monthly accounting reports
- Responsible for the detailed review and analysis of the monthly journals.
- Provide ad-hoc senior-level support within the department
- Provide financial reporting to the various business units in country, including the department level data needed for the monthly journal entry and reconciliation.
- Ensure compliance with country and/or regional accountings requirements by reviewing existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Research and resolve and accounting related issues
- Work with cross functional partners such as, Finance, Stock Administration, Treasury.
- CA Inter
- 2 to 3 years' experience in accounting of multiple BU's and Entities.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Experience in working for a multinational corporation (required)
- Oracle Finance and ADP Global view platforms (including Streamline and Global View) experience a plus
- Skilled in process, principles, and terminology
- Self-motivated and independent thinker with excellent time management skills
- Familiar with Oracle Finance modules
- Knowledge in concepts associated with accounting principles and policies with the ability to apply them to various situations
- Excellent review and analytical skills, with attention for detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills and effective in working directly with employees and partners
- Able to recommend new approaches, methods, alternative processes or solutions for
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and must be able to work as needed to meet deadlines
- Competent in writing emails
- Proficient in basic application programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Flexible to shift timings
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of Finance, Accounting, or related work experience.
- Completed advanced degrees in a relevant field may be substituted for up to two years (Master's = one year, Doctorate = two years) of work experience.
: If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.3057621
Skills: Word, Powerpoint, Journal Entries, Accounting Principles, Analytical Skills, Oracle Finance, Compliance, Financial Reporting, Excel, Communication Skills
Experience: 2.00-3.00 Years