Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Snowflake is looking for an experienced Payroll Supervisor/Team Lead to be an integral part of the payroll operations supporting EMEA region
. This position will be based in Pune, India. You are versatile, motivated, creative, intellectually curious, analytical collaborator and a strong communicator with leadership experience.
Reporting into the Payroll Manager/Sr Manager, your main responsibility is to ensure smooth delivery of the day-to-day operations of the department. You will coach and mentor other team members in the payroll team, monitor their performance and make them accountable for their deliverables. You will provide ideas and help brainstorm on process standardization, automation, and improvement in all aspects of payroll to ensure their scalability and continuing effectiveness amid all the changes that Snowflake has been undergoing. You are good at creating and maintaining robust process documentation. You adhere to the internal controls as specified by Company policies. You are expected to collaborate with cross functional business partners. This is the perfect opportunity for someone like yourself who is self-sufficient, possesses a keen attention to detail, and has an unwavering desire for continuous personal development.RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will primarily lead EMEA region (15+ Countries including UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, Poland), with an extended support to the APAC region when required.
u25CB As a supervisor you will be responsible for multiple countries.
u25CB We may need you to process a couple of entity payrolls yourself as required.
- Working closely with existing international payroll partners to ensure accurate and on-time payroll processing. Overall delivery of end-to-end payroll operations including:
u25CB Preparing and adhering to a schedule / payroll calendar and agree the timelines with payroll vendors and other internal stakeholders
u25CB Thorough review of the output. Includes but not limited to performing payroll analysis such as total gross payroll to net payment, average paid per headcount by country, and comparison of analysis to prior period
u25CB Support monthly/quarterly accounting close activities, account maintenance and reconciliations, financial reporting and variance analysis, etc.
u25CB Provide hand off to the accounting teams post payroll close to ensure accounting of payroll within the timelines prescribed by the close calendar
u25CB Ensure compliance with local jurisdictions for activities within the payroll domain including statutory filings and key internal and external annual audits
u25CB Monitor and measure the SLAs as agreed with the payroll vendor. Raise matter where there are slippages and recommend corrective action to management
- Working closely with other functional teams (e.g. HR, Stock Administration, People Operations, Benefits, Recruiting, Legal and accounting) to streamline cross-functional processes
- Provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Quarterly and annual performance review of team members
- Actively participate in identifying potential payroll vendors, drive meetings, transition efforts to migrate payroll to the payroll vendor
- Identify opportunities to automate manual processes. Recommend process improvements including assisting with the design and implementation of internal control measures to ensure proper payment authorizations and segregation of duties.
- Providing excellent payroll support to employees and cross-functional teams by addressing inquiries, concerns, and requests.
- Creating and/or maintaining payroll documentation as it relates to processing, operational procedures, compliance, and other payroll-related matters.
- Handle external and internal audits for the area of payroll
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- 8 to 12 years of relevant and progressive payroll experience public company payroll experience required
- Team leading experience as a Supervisor/Lead
- Experience of payroll transitions / migrations will be a plus
- Primary experience in primarily EMEA region. Experience handling APAC payrolls will be an added advantage
- Experience with international payroll platforms
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Highly proficient in utilizing various computer applications such as Microsoft Excel (Pivots, V/H Lookups) and Google Suite apps (e.g. Google Sheets)
- Familiarity with Workday HCM and Workday Financials is a plus
- Understanding of accounting, taxation, and finance concepts as it relates to payroll
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of payroll related compliance requirements
- Adaptable to a fast-changing work environment able to deliver accurate and on-time payrolls regardless of the circumstances
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage through change and to lead change
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement
- Proactive and problem-solving attitude
- Good command on English speaking and writing
- Adapts quickly to changes in a dynamic organizational structure and business processes
- Flexible with work hours