JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Purpose
The primary purpose of this position is to analyze various data sets, gather and manage business requirements, design business solutions, and see said solutions to implementation. The incumbent will be required to lead and work with multiple teams to gain subject matters expertise, conduct feasibility studies, market analysis, define new processes as well as identify and implement process improvement opportunities. The incumbent will drive for solutions as they liaise and collaborate with various stakeholders for reference data teams such as our pricing, index, analytics and product management teams as well as our technology team to improve the quality, completeness, timeliness and breadth of multiple data sets.
The incumbent will serve as a subject matter expert for multiple data sets and present the Reference Data Operations (RDO) business needs to other stakeholders. They will have a deep understanding of complex processes, and business needs and present those concepts to others on the team. The incumbent must ensure that detailed gap analysis is conducted properly, identify opportunities and proposals for process improvements.
The fixed income and equities market consists of over two million active securities and the reference data provided by ICE Fixed Income & Data Services for said securities is used by our clients to make trading decisions, settle trades, make investment decisions, manage portfolios, analyze risk, create security master files, create client statements and conduct other back office functions. Our reference data is also used by internal stakeholders such as the Evaluated Pricing, Index and Analytics groups said reference data plays an integral role in determining evaluated prices, determining whether or not a security should be added to or deleted from an index or indices, the weighted average of a security within an index and, performing a series of analytical calculations that are used both internally within ICE and externally by these stakeholder's clientele.Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Serve as liaison between the business and technology teams.
- Subject matter expert on the application in knowing end to end aspects of functionalities, jobs, data transportation to downstream.
- Document well-organized, detailed and concise business requirements by converting the results of data from interviews and conducting own analysis
- Plan, organize, facilitate, and lead reviews of business requirements with users and developers to ensure accuracy, completeness and mutual understanding
- Design and recommend various solution to improve data accuracy and completeness. Present alternative solutions and/or controls to stakeholders using analytics, charts, graphs, diagrams and presentations. Make recommendation for best approach.
- Determine efficiencies, accuracy, timeliness, completeness gained from recommended solutions.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems and publishing progress reports. Prepare production release notes and organize review sessions with RDO and DSG groups to ensure full understanding of release scope
- Apply problem-solving skills to create innovative work-flow resulting in increased productivity.
- Write complete and concise test scripts for user acceptance testing. Plan, coordinate, and execute created tests cases.
- Identify any potential data gaps resulting from the creation of new fields and/or rules. Work with related groups to confirm completion of data backfills required after a production release
- Coordinate closely with RDO training team to ensure all training documentation is adjusted and all training sessions were completed prior to the release rollout.
- Creates working relationships with Data Vendors to understand content and escalate issues.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics or equivalent practical experience (excluding India)
- B. Tech in Computer Science Engineering.
- MBA/MBS in Finance, Economics or equivalent practical experience preferred (India)
- 5 years directly working in reference data operations within ICE
- Solid subject matter knowledge of related markets
- Understand application behavior.
- Certification in Business Analysis is preferred.
- Certifications in Project Management in preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressured, fluid environment
- Ability to distill large amounts of varied information into specific takeaways
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- Strong excel skills required
This role offers work from home flexibility of up to 2 days per week.