About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Due Diligence Consultant...Key Job Responsibilities
- Conducts reviews of bank customers (individuals/entities), related parties (owners, board of directors, executives) and/or transactions that present a moderate degree of complexity and risk to determine appropriateness for Wells Fargo.
- Conducts comprehensive research and/or background investigations on individuals, entities, organizations or locations to identify and mitigate associated sanctions, credit, financial crime, and reputational risks and thoroughly documenting findings.
- Reviews and analyzes due diligence data from a variety of sources to determine overall risk.
- Screens customers, prospects and/or transactions against various regulatory reporting lists and regionally based sanctions watch lists.
- Evaluates risks to determine permissibility under sanctions, regulations and/or BSA/AML regulations. Works with high risk customers (e.g. casinos, MSBs, payment processors) to understand controls and activities. Provides appropriate direction to the line of business. Escalates confirmed sanctions alerts, PEP matches and other risks appropriately.
- Performs non-documentary Customer Identification Program on domestic customers in accordance with regulations and bank policy.
- Ensures compliance with guidelines set forth in federal/state anti-money laundering laws and regulations including the Bank Secrecy Act and various sanctions regulations, and in accordance with policy/procedures set by the bank.
- Consults with peers, line of business managers and other external parties regarding due diligence findings. Participates in moderate size project initiatives.
- Operates independently with minimal supervision, and effectively manages work requests to meet performance expectations.
5+ years of experience in risk (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk) and a University degree in Business or related disciplineDesired Qualifications:
Posting End Date:
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to research, analyze, and determine a course of action for financial transactions
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding USA PATRIOT Act and Anti Money Laundering (AML) requirements
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to provide strong customer service and develop customer relationships
15 Feb 2024 *Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants. We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo .Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.