About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Due Diligence Consultant...In this role, you will:
Posting End Date:
- Conducting Know your Customer (KYC) Compliance process for commercial banking processes in line with the requirements of the USA Patriot Act as well as Wells Fargo corporate AML / BSA policy requirements.
- Responsible for assisting with the implementation and monitoring of a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for picking up relevant samples for Data Quality exception to assure compliance with as prescribed in the QC framework requirements.
- Participates in and provides compliance support for projects and initiatives with low to high risk to identify, assess and mitigate BSA/AML risk in business activities.
- Analyze risks on escalated, referred, or alerted negative news. Communicate negative findings to lines of business and supply guidance on course of action.
- Identifying and researching the patterns, trends and anomalies in transactional and customer data to detect, prevent, mitigate and report suspicious activity related to money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Maintain an Audit Trail of Due Diligence Performed
- Analyze potentially suspicious activity, which will require the review of historical activity along with customer information.
- Interact with compliance representatives to assess potential unusual activity.
- Maintain program and procedures, making updates as needed.
- Assist as needed with examinations and/or audits.
- Sound analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Essential Qualifications/Experience
- Graduation in any stream.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, criminal justice, fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, or investigations of financial crimes or policy violations; experience in the foregoing Operational Risk Management processes and / or Compliance or Audit Programs of a banking back office operations.
- Should be in the Due Diligence Consultant Role(P2) for 12 Months and above
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of BSA/AML programs including all aspects of KYC and / or other related risk and regulatory disciplines.
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of management and functional groups.
- TMs with sound Domain and process knowledge and Support any cross training/In-house training requirements.
- Mentoring Low/Under Performers
- Should be capable of Inhouse Quality check review depending on process need which would help in Real time Feedback.
- TM should Meet and Exceed KPI's consistently
- Reduce LOB dependency /Support in-house skilled resources
- Act as an SME, Identify and recommend analysis of data quality or integrity issues
- Lead teams in the absence of Manager and mentor less experienced staff members
- Handle process Escalations
- Consult Upstream and Downstream of the processes and provide recommendations on process improvements
- Ability to submit deliverables on a timely manner while still being able to perform additional tasks (work priorities, deadlines, management reports, etc.)
- Candidates must be willing to be flexible with respect to shifts and open to work during weekends and/or holidays if the business requires
- Desired Skills
- Good Verbal And Written communication Skill
- Ability To Interpret data
- Analytical skills
- Quick learner
- Domain knowledge within banking
15 Feb 2024 *Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants. We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo .Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.