At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We're devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Global Business Services
Global Business Services delivers Technology and Operations capabilities to Lines of Business and Staff Support Functions of Bank of America through a centrally managed, globally integrated delivery model and globally resilient operations.
Global Business Services is recognized for flawless execution, sound risk management, operational resiliency, operational excellence and innovation.
In India, we are present in five locations and operate as BA Continuum India Private Limited (BACI), a non-banking subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation and the operating company for India operations of Global Business Services.
Global Finance was set up in 2007 as a part of the CFO Global Delivery strategy to provide offshore delivery to Line of Business and Enterprise Finance functions. The capabilities hosted include Accounts Payable, General Accounting & Reconciliations, Management Reporting & Analysis, Research & Analytics, Financial Transaction Processing, Finance Systems Support & Regulatory reporting. Over the years, the scope of Global Finance has been expanded to include operations for other enterprise control functions like Human Resources and Risk and Compliance.
The FCPS (Finance Change and Production Services) team, which is part of the (GFC) Global Financial Control organization within CFO division, delivers finance projects and technology solutions for the Bank of America (BAC) enterprise and also supports Line of Business (LOB) projects that impact our core finance and general ledger applications. The Finance Change team is responsible for overall program/project management, business analysis and requirements, functional design, testing, organization readiness and deployment activities. The Production Services function ensures all financial accounting & regulatory reporting systems and applications are operating smoothly from a functional perspective.
This role is for a Business Analyst resource responsible for documenting detailed business requirements in support of the FCPS delivery of programs/projects in the US, EMEA, APAC and LATAM regulatory reporting groups and general ledger operations. The resource will be responsible for (1) understanding the Change, (2) defining and documenting the current state (if applicable) and target state processes and (3) ensuring collaboration with Technology teams & Users until implementation of the Change. It requires working closely with the Business Lead/Product Owner, including upstream / downstream Stakeholders and Technology to ensure all aspects of the change are being considered and prioritized when documenting the requirements. The business requirements are the foundation for the design, build, test, operational / organizational readiness and deployment activities in the life cycle of a project.
- Understanding the Regulatory Change and documenting detailed requirements. This includes functional capabilities, workflow needs, business rules, reporting requirements and timelines, etc. Collaborate with the Users & procure all required sign offs.
- Identifying current state processes and the target state scope, objective and business outcomes of the Program/Project
- Identifying any data sourcing requirements, documenting them and coordinating with relevant Teams
- Understanding the in-house & AXIOM design and documenting functional specifications in conjunction to the business requirements
- Creating high quality JIRAs documenting all critical aspects including business requirements, mapping requirements, acceptance criteria, etc using the BAC enterprise change management templates
- Create process maps or operating model where necessary.
- Walkthrough of the requirements to Technology and participating in the sprint planning along with the Project Manager.
- Collaborating with the test teams to clearly set the expectations from a Quality or User Acceptance Testing perspective.
- Regression before every code release into production.
- Facilitate review sessions with Business, Technology & Testing Teams where relevant.
Education - Graduate degree in Commerce, Business or Technology.
Certifications If Any - AXIOM / Business Analysis etc.
14 to 18 years
- Experience as a Functional Business Analyst in technology implementation projects, having written Business requirement documents (BRDs)
- Extremely strong Knowledge of US/ EMEA regulatory reports (financial or risk) and Strong knowledge of financial concepts
- Ability to understand complex business processes and breakdown to process components.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, every-changing, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong knowledge of creating process maps
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills, ability to build strong rapport, respect and trust with key stakeholders and constituents.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to identify/raise questions, and problem solving capabilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and good with numbers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (particularly MS Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Exposure to projects in Financial Accounting and reporting (in Financial Control / Product Control/Treasury), and/or in Risk Regulatory reporting (Market or Counterparty risk) in financial services industry
- Expertise in Axiom Regulatory platform (if possible, AXIOM certified)
- Knowledge of Banking and Capital market products
- Understanding of general ledger & trading sub-ledger concepts
- SQL, Database knowledge & ability to analyze data and related flows
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and tools (i.e., JIRA)
- Knowledge of ERP solutions (SAP, Oracle) particularly with general ledger
11:30 am to 8:30 pm