The Role Responsibilities
Credit Initiation role to support Client onboarding application process and approvals for Secured and Unsecured products for Africa, Middle East and Jersey Market.
- Credit decision experience in either Mortgage underwriting, Credit card or Personal loan.
- Responsible for assessing credit requests and producing a recommendation after undertaking a thorough analysis of a variety of factors and careful analysis of a client's financial information, including income statements, cash flow history, current debt and tax forms.
- Responsible for evaluating the credit worthiness of potential borrowers via the underwriting of borrower financial statements, collateral coverage and guarantor support.
- Gathers financial information about organizations and individuals, such as valuable properties, income, savings, debts and payment history, give recommendations on whether it is safe to approve a loan or reduce a credit line.
- Comply with anti-fraud procedures and be alert at all times, make immediate Report for any unusual or suspicious customer activity to FRM unit.
- Lead and co-ordinate the efforts to develop, deploy and optimize credit initiation servicing strategy and processes.
- Providing high level of data input and quality output through exercising of quality credit decisions, within CAD guidelines.
- Work with Country Management, Business Partners, Product Partners and other Risk team members to optimize performance and resource allocation.
- Identify and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support strategy testing environment and daily operations.
- Identifying and reporting all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls.
- Coordinates development of the design, management and adherence of key operating controls and levers that improve credit initiation efficiency and customer experience.
- To ensure underwriting of New Unsecured Loan Applications, Credit Card applications as per policies in Credit DOI and Bulletins, adhering to strict time deadlines (TAT).
- Ensure capacity is adequate to support country processing, and that linkage between capacity planning, volumes and expenses remains robust at all times.
People and Talent
This is a Non-People leader role however conducting training to new joiners and connect with team to explain changes would be part of this role.
- Catalogue and document all tests, strategies and outcomes implemented in Credit Initiation.
- Discretion to analyse and accept employment, Income, scorecard defers, application / behaviour scores, valuation risk ratings outside of policy (within CAD guidelines).
- All the 3 P's of the respective country and regulatory condition are adhered while decisioning the application, to manage risks.
- To comply with the bank's requirements of AML monitoring / reporting, KYC and all policies related to the group reputation risk.
- Relevant DOI / Bulletins are checked before processing a request, in case of any exception the same is pended / rejected and reported.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, policy breaches or where credit appetite have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and / or activities are ceased.
- Identifying and reporting all exceptions on non-compliance with standard controls Service level are to be checked and monitored and ensure there is no breach.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Retail Risk Operation - Credit representatives in group and country
- Group Side, process control
- Head Client Onboarding
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in AME-Credit Initiation.
Our Ideal Candidate
- UG / PG or Commerce, Mathematic (or )finance related qualification(or) business administration.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Knowledge of Lending Product
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Communication skill
- Credit Analytical skill
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental / maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers