Position: Casualty FAC Associate Asia UW Hub
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance, and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world. We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive.
Are you looking forward to further enrich your underwriting skills and international market knowledge in a dynamic fast paced world of a highly specialized and global re/insurance organization? Are you ready to work closely with our Asia Pacific Facultative desk underwriters and provide them with underwriting and analytics support? If yes, here is your opportunity to be part of a growing Facultative underwriting community across APAC.
In your role, you will be contributing to the success of Swiss Re's Facultative growth ambition in Asia Pacific. You are expected to be proficient in Casualty/Liability underwriting and possess good knowledge of re/insurance market. We are also looking for someone who has a commercial mindset and strong collaboration skills with dedication and eagerness to learn.
The Bangalore (BLR) Facultative Team is a strategic offshore operating hub responsible for providing facultative underwriting support to Swiss Re Asia Pacific markets across Property and Casualty lines of business. The Hub will work closely with the overseas facultative desk underwriters to provide underwriting support on casualty risks of simple to medium complexity.
You will get in-depth exposure to Swiss Re's underwriting practices, risk model platforms, costing tools as well as an opportunity to work with Swiss Re's overseas underwriters! In addition to your regular responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to contribute to various projects of strategic importance to Swiss Re Group.
Provide high quality underwriting support to overseas underwriting desks for Swiss Re Asia Pacific markets (Japan, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Southeast Asia, India & India sub-continent, Australia, and New Zealand), which will include but not limited to:
- Internal underwriting support and risk assessment according to underwriting guidelines of casualty/liability risks
- Operating within the Swiss Re's Legal and Permanent Establishment and regulatory framework
- Costing / risk modelling / pricing support on facultative contracts and underwriting documentation.
- Support on offer preparation/drafting, wording/conditions review.
- Ad hoc projects driven by Underwriting or cross-functional teams.
- Suggest improvements to existing process, models and tools.
- Maintain the defined work quality and turnaround time for risk assessment
- Establishes & maintains positive relationship with internal partners
- Identify & resolve service issues with internal clients /stakeholders.
- Prepare client/region specific reports and share strategic inputs/solutions with internal partners
Knowledge and Skills
- Postgraduate/graduate degree preferably in the field of Commerce, Natural Science, or a quantitative field (e.g., engineering, statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics) which is closely related to these subject areas
- Professional qualification in insurance e.g., FIII, CII would be an added advantage
- Competent in Casualty/Liability re/insurance underwriting, risk assessment, risk modelling and contract preparation, with up to 5 years of relevant Underwriting experience
- Strong understanding of underwriting methods, reinsurance, tools, and processes.
- Experience in facility / portfolio underwriting analytics would be an added advantage
- Ability to analyze large data sets, bring out data insights and draw meaningful conclusion.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. Other foreign language will be added advantage.
- Strong motivation to learn about re/insurance and overseas markets.
- Good teammate, able to collaborate across teams in a multi-cultural and matrix environment
- Taking ownership and have proactive problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to deliver strong results and bring in new insights with innovative approach to constructively challenge the status quo
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.
Reference Code: 127190
Job Segment: Liability, Facilities, Underwriter, Law, Insurance, Operations, Legal