The role holder is responsible for credit appraisal of Retail loans as per pre-defined TAT with due adherence of Process, Policies and delegation of authority. He will also be responsible for the loan portfolio of his territory and would keep a close watch on the performance of such loans. He would also be accountable for highlighting and initiating corrective steps for any process, system gaps noticed during the overall appraisal process
SECTION III: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
Strategic/ Managerial Responsibilities
- Appraises /recommends/ approves credit proposals as per the delegation of authority.
- Reviews delinquent cases and document learning's / portfolio reviews for risk management.
- Conducts process audits and reports delinquencies and anomalies.
- Recommends changes to policy/process based on local nuances / competitor feedback.
- Implements system integration plans.
- Monitors NPA and keeps a track of it.
- Ensures field customer visits for PD and deliveries within agreed TAT.
- Managing all CPA's(credit processing associates) and provide them adequate policy, process training for smooth operations with in the Risk Team.
- Ensures maintenance of Healthy Portfolio for the bank.
- Makes customer visits wherever required to ensure appropriate closure of the deal.
People Management or Self-Management Responsibilities
- Manages CPA Team.
- Imparts Training and knowledge sharing
Risk and Internal Control Responsibilities
- Identifies process and policy gaps and potential risk arising out of it.
- Suggests internal control measures and ensure implementation to address such gaps.
SECTION IV: KEY INTERACTIONS
Key Internal Interactions
Purpose of Interaction
For documentation requirement, understanding of customer profile and other discussions which helps in arriving at the decisioning of the deal
For understanding the policy, seeking clarifications, advising modifications, wherever required
For correction of process gaps noticed during appraisal of the loans
Technology Team and HCM
For system related changes, correction of bugs, system errors etc. Manpower Planning.
Key External Interactions
Purpose of Interaction
To understand the profile of the customer, his income, obligations etc
SECTION V: KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Chartered Accountant / MBA Finance
- Written and spoken English is essential
Years of Experience
Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in relevant product of retail banking
Nature of Experience
Credit Appraisal of Retail Loans