- Applies knowledge of accounting principles to activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports.
- Updates and reviews monthly account reconciliations.
- Ensures that the internal financial reporting requirements of the company are met.
- Ensures contract invoices are accurate and reconciled for monthly payment.
- Responsible for monthly close and adjusting journal entries.
- Point of contact for site and customer support for the financial management organization.
- Audits and prepares reports on the status of the contract and identifies areas for remediation.
- Reviews work prepared by others and provide constructive comments and/or suggestions to foster efficiencies and improvements for the department.
- Conducts studies and submit recommendations for improving the organization's accounting processes.
- Serves as a consultant to implement accounting functions during phase-in of a new contract.
- Provides financial support including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variances from budget.
- Prepares analyses of accounts receivables and administers the collection of past due receivables.
- Prepares monthly invoices and submit timely billing to the customers.
- Completes unbilled analysis for the project.
- Identifies opportunities of cost savings for Operations and be the business advisor.
- Works closely with Operations, support financial reporting for the client, and helps maintain financial health of the project.
- Creates and maintains project codes used by Operations.
- Assist Business Manager in support of all sector level reporting, including creation of unbilled analysis and cash management plans.
- Manage quick turnaround requests for senior management in a fast-paced work environment.
- Keeps good documentation of contracts and purchase orders.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required, Experience and Education:
Education: Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration or demonstrated equivalent.
• Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP) required.
• Preferred knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
• Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and preferred knowledge in Costpoint, Essbase, Hyperion, Cognos, Project Accounting
• Six (6) to Eight (8) years of previous accounting experience required.
• 1-2 years of team handling experience is preferred.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, work with little supervision, and work well under pressure.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
• Ability to perform data extraction and manipulation, analyze financial data, and generate reports.
• Demonstrate proficiency in finance and accounting relational databases and Microsoft applications.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Labor Law Posters (https://postings.govdocs.com/#/vxSkbztPuAwwxfs)
EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans