About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Analytics Consultant...In this role, you will:
Advise line of business and companywide functions on business strategies based on research of performance metrics, trends in population distributions, and other complex data analysis to maximize profits and asset growth, and minimize operating losses within risk and other operating standards
- Provide influence and leadership in the identification of new tools and methods to analyze data
- Ensure adherence to compliance and legal regulations and policies on all projects managed
- Provide updates on project logs, monthly budget forecasts, monthly newsletters, and operations reviews
- Assist managers in building quarterly and annual plans and forecast future market research needs for business partners supported
- Strategically collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level to senior managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor to staff, interns and external contractors
- Tableau - Ability to create dashboard designs with wireframes to develop a coherent story thru data visualizations.
- Python - Basic of pandas and numpy used to data wrangling and perform analysis
- Understand business objectives and provide credible challenge to analysis requirements.
- Verify sound analysis practices and data decisions were leveraged throughout planning and data sourcing phases.
- Conduct in-depth research within complex data environments to identify data integrity issues and propose solutions to improve analysis accuracy.
- Ensure adherence to data management/ data governance regulations and policies.
- Performing and testing highly complex data analytics for Wholesale Lending
- Designing analysis projects flow and documentation that is structured for consistency, easy to understand, and to be offered to multiple levels of reviewers, partners, and regulatory agents demonstrating research and analysis completed.
- Investigate and ensure data integrity from multiple sources.
- Ensure data recommended and used is the best "source of truth".
- Applies knowledge of business, customers, and products to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective. Data involved typically very large, structured, or unstructured, and from multiple sources.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be able to meet high quality standards consistently.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Willing to assist on high priority work outside of regular business hours or weekend as needed.
- 5+ years of Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Bachelors, M.A./M.Sc. College Degree or Higher in applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis.
- 3+ years of experience in Tableau Development
- 3+ years of experience in in Python and SQL.
- Strong experience with data integration, database structures and data warehouses
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
Posting End Date: *Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants. We Value Diversity
- Certifications in BI Reporting tools.
- Knowledge of commercial banking, lending is a plus
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment - Soft Skills.
- Detail oriented, results driven, and has the ability to navigate in a quickly changing and high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management.
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
- Ability to learn the business aspects quickly, multitask and prioritize between projects.
- Exhibits appropriate sense of urgency in managing responsibilities.
- Ability to accurately process high volumes of work within established deadlines.
- Available to flex schedule periodically based on business need.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation, communication & presentation skills.
- Demonstrates a high degree of reliability, integrity, and trustworthiness.
- Takes ownership of assignments and helps drive assignments of the team.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic and good team player.
- Be proactive and get engaged in organizational initiatives.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo .Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.