Work hard. Have fun. Make history. At Amazon we expect no more and no less from you. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, our aim has been to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How? By having people like you who make sure that our customers can find everything that they are looking for online - at great value and convenience. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, growing and continuously innovating to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
Are you ready to apply your risk and compliance expertise to Amazon's unique environment? We are looking for a Prudential Risk Manager with demonstrated financial services expertise in Payment Services. The Prudential Risk Manager will be mainly responsible for providing 2nd line oversight and support for Prudential Risk.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead the design, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of the risk management framework and risk appetite limits relating to prudential risks for our Payments Entities
- Act as a SME and as 2nd LoD representation for Finance, Treasury and Accounting Departments regarding Prudential Risks
- Own, drive and be the SME of prudential risk reporting, including regulatory capital calculation, liquidity assessments, setup of KRIs, early warning indicators and stress-testing scenarios
- Own Scenario Analysis process and drive workshops with Business Leaders
- Perform regulatory oversight and implementing new regulations into policies and procedures
- Provide timely independent reporting on prudential risks to respective Board committees of our Payment Entities
A day in the life
1) Developing Liquidity Control frameworks, stress testing and capital requirements for regulated entities globally 2) Interpret/develop capital and liquidity base cases 3) Perform stress testing exercises against capital and liquidity base cases using statistical and mathematic methods 4) Workshop the outcomes of stress testing exercises with board members and senior leadership across Amazon and recommend actions where required 5) Perform annual prudential risk assessment activities and assurance monitoring to ensure compliance with regulations and policies 6) Provide advisory support on prudential related matters through quarterly board reporting and monthly monitoring of key risk indicators.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor's Degree in a numerate subject
- 7+ years of experience in a financial institution, licensed money transmitter, payments related e-commerce function, consultancy or bank
- Previous experienced risk manager with technical expertise in Financial Risk and/or Prudential Risk
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Comfortable managing through ambiguity with strong bias for action.
- Graduate Degree in Finance, Economics, Financial Mathematics.
- Understanding of modern transaction processing environments is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of taking ownership and driving results