People power our future. That is why advancing a dynamic, inclusive environment, where everyone grows and thrives is critically important to us.
Our ingenuity fuels daily life. Together, we've forged some of the most trusted partnerships across the energy value chain to make what was once just an idea a reality: laying subsea infrastructure thousands of feet below sea level, installing offshore platforms hundreds of miles from shore, and using our expertise to design and build offshore wind infrastructure.
For more than 100 years, we've been making the impossible possible. Today, we're driving the energy transition with more than 30,000 of the brightest minds across 54 countries.
Here, what you do matters.Job Overview:
Responsible for day-to-day management and administration of the 200-strong Finance Shared Services (FSS) team. Function as an independent local leader for the large team by effectively managing issues and communicating key organization messages. Drive Strategic growth of FSS by identifying additional value propositions and bring it to the FINCOM for discussion and approval.Responsibilities
Key Tasks and
- Supervise daily/weekly/monthly FSS deliverables for Accounts Payable, Payroll, R2R, Project Accounting and FP&A activities for timely delivery adhering to quality commitments
- Maintain healthy relationship with Business lines to enable timely communication and resolution of issues and identify potential gaps in process
- Drive process rationalization and optimization to save time and improve efficiency
- Responsible for new transitions to FSS meeting agreed transition methodology
- Responsible to achieve and manage SLA timelines agreed with Business lines
- Responsible for bringing high calibre talent to replace/grow the team
- Maintain high levels of employee motivation and satisfaction to drive target retention levels and promote employee growth
- Drive continuous training and development of staff including required upskilling to enable future growth potential
- Responsible for identifying, communicating, and working with IT Leadership to develop solutions to improve IT systems
- Review and approve monthly KPI's for all functions prior to issuance to the Business lines
- Support various internal and external audits relating to FSS activities
- Provide timely and effectively communicated responses to internal and external inquiries
- Responsible for accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to all FSS activities in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- Ensure regular upkeep and refresh of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Responsible for developing and if necessary, implementing adequate Business Continuity Plans (BCP)
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Chief Accounting Officer
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Chartered Accountant / CPA with 20+ years of experience with a minimum of 5 years in leadership positions. Prior experience of handling large teams is a must.
- Experience in working for a global organization preferably with engineering companies in the Energy sector and having experience in captive shared service centers
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP systems is preferred
- Should have supervised large teams being majorly responsible for hiring, productivity, attrition, and performance management
- Prior experience of working/manging more than one finance processes is preferred
- Experience in driving process improvement/ process re-engineering
- Strong analytical skills and ability to independently communicate effectively with senior management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent people management skills
Skills: Payroll, R2R, Erp, People Management, Process Improvement, Project Accounting, Process Re-engineering, Oracle, Analytical Skills, Accounts Payable
Experience: 5.00-20.00 Years