Model Validation Specialist
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 833bn of assets under management (as of 30 June 2022). Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia. DWS is recognised by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our investment approach strategically.
The Risk platform is the independent risk oversight function of DWS. Model Risk is part of the Risk function and is designed to provide governance and control to manage a variety of models used in the Firm and associated risks. The Model Risk team works as a global organization with team members in New York, London and Frankfurt with a focus around validating, testing and overseeing the usage of models related to Corporate Risk (liquidity/economic capital) and Investment Risk for Liquid and Illiquid investment strategies.What we'll offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre. You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience:
- Conducting model validations on the DWS models, both in-house and vendor models, based on regulatory guidance, internal policy and procedures and best industry practice and communicate findings and recommendations to model owners and prepare the model validation reports
- Working closely with Investment teams on topics including model assumptions and limitations to ensure models remain fit for purpose
- Carry out independent model reviews on complex topics in accordance with business needs and regulatory requirements
- Review ongoing model monitoring reports, identify potential model risk and document the findings to key stakeholders while evaluating the corrective actions
- Building benchmark models used across the model validation team, design backtesting or other methodologies to test the conceptual soundness of model assumptions.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the model validation team
How We'll Support You
- Strong experience in quantitative risk management, model validation or model development from across the Investments, Consulting or Banking industry with sound experience of validating or developing valuation or risk models across asset classes such as FX, Rates and Equities
- Strong quantitative skills across programming languages such as R, SQL, C++, SAS, Python, MATLAB. Expertise in at least one of Python or C++ is essential.
- Solid understanding of valuation methods, capital markets, portfolio theory and risk management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills -- previous experience of writing either technical documentation related to model validation or development or independent peer-reviewed research articles
- Educated to post-graduate degree level in a quantitative field such physics, mathematics, statistics, economics or engineering, or with relevant industry experience / professional qualification
About Us And Our Teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Please visit our company website for further information:https://www.db.com/company/company.htm
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
Skills: Sas, Programming Languages, Matlab, Capital Markets, model validation, Fx, model development , Python, Risk Management, C++, Sql, Valuation, Equities, Technical Documentation, Risk Models, Quantitative Risk Management
Experience: 0.00-2.00 Years