Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies-from the world's largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups-use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
As Stripe's user base and global footprint grows dramatically, we have distinctly unique support problems resulting from both our type of scale and the type of businesses we partner with. The Stripe Delivery Center (SDC) strategy will provide operational leverage and expand Stripe's portfolio of operational capabilities to support the scaled needs for external users and internal Stripe teams.
What you'll do
Joining the Finance team, will put you amongst some of the most talented finance and operations leaders in the globe. We are looking for a proven leader to build and lead the fast-growing International Accounting team within our Stripe Delivery Center (SDC). The International Accounting Manager for the Controllership function will supervise and evaluate all Legal entity controllership processes and have experience implementing new systems and tools. This position will suit a person who is a hands-on manager and excited to assist in managing the monthly close, statistical reporting, compliances, coordinating with board to adopt and approve financial statements, indirect tax filings, cash flow forecasting, intercompany accounting, statutory reporting, consolidation, and audits of all our international subsidiaries and branches. Based in the Bangalore office, you will be on the ground floor of this function with an opportunity to set the pace and direction for the future.
- Build, develop and lead a team that drives International Accounting Controllership function based out of SDC.
- Perform and drive monthly / quarterly close activities, including manual journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses and analytical reviews, producing internal management reporting and external audit support
- Identify potential inefficiencies in existing processes and propose improvements
- Participate in building scalable accounting processes, establish measures of success, set benchmarks and improve timelines and efficiencies to support global growth
- Partner with Billing, Internal Systems, Treasury, Tax and/or Legal to investigate issues that arise during reporting cycles
- Define and execute efficient internal control documentation and sign-off procedures including the country prescribed regulatory frameworks (ICFR, SOX, GFS etc)
- Enhance and maintain existing accounting policy and procedural documentation
- Drive end to end improvement of input processes to enable scale and productivity
- Develop, manage and improve process metrics utilizing automation, lean practices and process optimization to scale
- Create global best practice documentation and facilitate sharing across the globe.
- Create a culture consistent with Stripe Operating and Leadership principles and an inspiring work environment that brings the best out of people at work.
- Provide robust feedback on process health and performance, identifying and remediating errors and delivering scale over time
- Partner with global process owners and functional leaders to demonstrate impeccable performance across multiple workflows and set a high bar for consistent improvement over time
- Lead cross functional projects and reporting that drive performance improvement, visibility and automation throughout financial services.
We are looking for:
- Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics, providing metrics inputs to various reporting venues, and communicating key performance indicators to stakeholders in support of business objectives
- Advanced finance operations experience of leading large operational processes
- Ability to set goals, financial plans and effectively influence leaders across Stripe
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement
- Big 4 exposure to audit, accounting and risk reviews.
- 12 - 15 + years of relevant public accounting and/or industry experience
- Led Accounting teams in multi location and exposure to working in multicultural, location and dynamic business environment
- B.Com & M.Com in Accounting or Finance ( Chartered Accountant / CPA strongly preferred)
- Strong understanding and hands on experience working in U.S. GAAP
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of Excel and experience working with large data sets
- Demonstrated experience partnering with cross-functional stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math); MBA preferred
- Experience in building and scaling new teams from zero
- Strong operational background including new process launch, service delivery in a high growth technology company
- Experience with written and verbal communications for both technical and non-technical audiences at the senior leadership level
- Proficient in obtaining, organizing, and analyzing data to challenge conventional wisdom, make fact-based decisions, and drive root cause analysis, and evaluate outcomes