Summer Intern - GIEEE Finance - 240003 : N/A Description
Student and Academic Education Programs, within corporate activities, is looking for an undergraduate student who is passionate about accounting practice and other activities within the accounting domain and who is detail-oriented and comfortable with multi-tasking.
This position is eligible for a 16-week full-time summer internship. We will allow some flexibility around the daily and weekly schedule.
The intern will also take part in IEEE’s formal summer intern training program, with additional opportunities for bookkeeping. The intern will greatly increase their accounting knowledge of potential career paths by the conclusion of the internship. Opportunities for professional growth and impact are practically limitless for a highly motivated intern.
With the significant number of projects happening in corporate activities, this is an exciting opportunity to acquire hands-on experience. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Learning to prepare, review and upload monthly journal entries for month-end close for general ledger accounts
- Maintaining and monitoring monthly account analysis and reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts and resolving reconciling items and issues noted promptly.
- Preparing various audit schedules as requested by the external auditors during January - June.
- Overview of the Internal Audit process. Qualifications
- Pursuing UG. Degree or PG. Degree in Commerce, Accounting & Finance
- Available to work part-time in the summer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Technically savvy, with expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well as Google suite of tools and web-based programs
: Accounting Primary Location
: Full-time Job Type
: Temporary Job Posting
: Jan 17, 2024, 2:33:23 PM Req ID: