Reports to: Anthonella Valencia, Director of Finance & ProcurementCompany: StoneXLocations: India, PolandPosition Purpose:
In this role you will join a growing company in the IT CORE technology group and use your deep understanding of GAAP accounting and cost accounting concepts to assist the team understanding their actuals to budget variance reporting. The IT Cost Accountant is responsible for managing and analyzing financial data related to the costs incurred by the organization. This role plays a crucial part in helping the organization make informed financial decisions, optimize cost structures, and maintain accurate financial records.
Desired experience and strengths
- Monitor budget compliance and report on any deviations including rationale (cancelled, delayed, changed needs)
- Conduct regular cost analysis to identify cost drivers and areas for cost reduction or optimization. Ensure consistency and accuracy in cost data across the organization.
- Work with teams to determine costs per service to encourage cost containment throughout StoneX. Analyze cost allocation methods to ensure transparency to our business partners around the department’s costs, and the business drivers that created them
- Generate cost analysis reports using data from the PO system and financial reports to understand spending patterns and potential for vendor consolidations
- Retrieve and assess Income statements through our PowerBI tool. Identify areas for writeoffs, or misbookings
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts related to production costs and expenses.
- Provide cost-related input and assumptions for financial models and budget planning.
- Prepare financial reports related to cost analysis, cost trends, and other relevant financial metrics.
- Aid the procurement team in coding IT expenditures
- Manage and reconcile the general ledger to maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, in particular, working with our Accounting group for proper cost accruals
- Provide recommendations for process enhancements
- Scrutinize costs for inaccuracies
- Undertake ad hoc projects and reporting assignments as required
- Detail oriented, able to manage extensive data sets, and enjoys analyzing for trends and opportunities
- A self starter, go getter, and thrives when asked complex questions
- Willingness to learn, ask questions, and make suggestions
- 3-5 years in Accounting, Finance, or related field, covering accounting in multiple currencies, concepts of Operating versus Capital expenditures, and accounting for amortization, depreciation, and prepaids.
- Prior experience supporting an IT organization a plus
- Prior experience querying Oracle Cloud software a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, including Power Pivot and Pivot Tables, and familiarity advanced excel formulas used in data analytics