Please mail your resume to (e-mail removed)
The primary purpose of this role is to capture moderately complex financial activities and resolve issues in accounting records to enable accurate reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This includes responsibility for conducting effective research, managing, tracking, reporting, and reviewing work on financial activities to ensure accounting records are correct. In addition, this role executes internal controls over financial and regulatory reporting, by working independently to apply experienced accounting judgment and knowledge of GAAP and regulatory requirements in daily activity.
1. Executes financial activities in a timely and efficient manner, with a focus on activities that require applying practiced knowledge of moderately complex systems, business processes, and GAAP principles to unique situations.
2. Prepares and evaluates reports to ensure accuracy of financial reporting and analysis
Performs analysis (i.e. historical, forecasting, impact, etc.) and reconciliations to support monthly, quarterly and annual closing cycles according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations.
3. Reviews reports, analysis and reconciliations prepared by Accountants to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting and analysis.
4. Research various financial activities to identify moderately complex issues, explaining findings to principle accountants, managers, and directors to determine resolution
Manages small projects/initiatives and/or participates in broader projects, working with and directing teams within a finance function to deliver the best solutions to financial issues.
5. Maintains appropriate supporting documents, provisions, and other details for accounting transactions and entries.
6. Communicates effectively within the team, across other functions, and with external parties to ensure alignment.
7. Partners with team and the business in order to identify transaction issues and procedure improvement opportunities to more-effectively support the needs of the Finance organization.
Minimum Qualifications (MQ) - Required 4-8 years of experience
Experience in accounting, tax, finance (public accounting or industry) or relevant experience Required
Demonstrated understanding of intermediate GAAP concepts and financial controls (to apply this knowledge to the design and execution of activities within the respective area)
Advanced skills in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
Self-motivated, ability to work independently with general direction.
Previous fixed/capital asset experience
Knowledge of capital project accounting
Experience with large ERP system (Peoplesoft/Oracle)
Education - bachelors or masters degree in finance/accounting/management.
Preferred Certification - CA/CMA/CPA or CA/CMA/CPA candidate"