Your new company
My client is a successful company based in Newcastle-under-Lyme. Due to continuous growth, they are looking for a Finance Operations Manager to join their team and support the Finance Director and Operational Transactional Teams.
Your new role
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the finance operations teams ensuring exemplary data integrity and maximising the use of systems. This will involve management of 4 direct reports and a wider team of over 30.
- Working with the team managers to allocate resources appropriately, ensuring continuity of service, particularly quality service to the wider business and appropriately dealing with queries as they arise.
- Responsibility for the transaction teams\' processes and policy documentation.
- Take overall responsibility for the various reconciliations produced by the teams and payment runs.
- Being the main point of contact for operational finance issues and to investigate areas as required.
- Working closely with IT and the finance projects team to ensure smooth transition of acquisitions into the day-to-day financial processes.
- Working closely with team managers and IT to co-ordinate and plan system updates.
- Liaising with the Financial Accounting and Reporting Manager to ensure both accurate and timely delivery of month/year-end deadlines and tax compliance.
- Assisting with the external audits and reporting as required.
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Strong Excel skills, including pivot table, and good knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Expertise in Finance Operations processes, including payment fraud risk and experience of delivering process system improvement.
- Experience of working within a changing and dynamic finance environment undertaking a broad range of finance tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong leadership skills, supporting managers and developing others to ensure appropriate succession planning is in place.
- Excellent team working ethic to ensure a seamless finance service is provided across the business.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence decision-making.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach and confidence to challenge appropriately where necessary.
What you\'ll get in return
Depending on experience, you will get a salary of £60,000- £70,000, enhanced pension scheme, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, buy and sell holiday scheme, free on-site parking. The role is full time based on site with some flexible working hours.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.