Would you like to work for a multi award winning organisation that empowers people to save lives across the world?
My client is a global healthcare organisation with category-leading devices are looking for a strong team player, to join their world-class talent.
The Financial Reporting Accountant - International is responsible for preparing, maintaining, reconciling, and analysing financial information on a monthly basis, including the completion of balance sheet reconciliations including the timely resolution of reconciling items. They are also responsible for leading on the year-end audit and consolidation process, including producing the UK financial statements. This role collaborates closely with the International Controller supporting to ensure financial accounting is in accordance with GAAP requirements and that all tax requirements are met. They have a level of responsibility for the review of the work of others and the ability to follow up on outstanding issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare monthly management accounts in accordance with group reporting timetable, ensuring results are accurate and perform analysis to understand results and trends.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and other analysis including bank reconciliations, and fixed assets. Maintain and reconcile various reports related to operations and fund/account balances. Perform reviews of various reconciliations performed by others and follow up and resolve outstanding variances or issues.
- In collaboration with the International Controller and other members of finance, work to improve inventory accounting, ensuring that any issues identified are resolved on a timely basis.
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements are met for applicable entities including VAT returns, annual company returns, tax returns.
- Lead the year-end statutory accounts process including drafting and preparing the year-end accounts and group consolidation, liaising with and managing the auditors and ensuring that accounts are filed in accordance with statutory deadlines. Ensure accounts are reconciled between US GAAP and local GAAP reporting.
- Ensure that accounting is in accordance with US GAAP reporting and that implications for local GAAP is considered. Where applicable, work with the relevant teams to ensure that accounting is corrected and appropriate going forward.
- In collaboration with the international controller work with tax advisors to ensure that all international tax requirements are addressed, and any issues are resolved.
- Support cash flow forecasting as required.
- Serve as financial liaison to end users of financial statements. Respond to requests from administration, department managers, and other finance personnel. Participate in special projects as necessary.
- Support the drive for continuous improvement, working to ensure processes are efficient and controls are effective and are appropriately implemented and complied with. Lead on the implementation of controls as required.
- Mentor other accountants, finance assistants, and new staff members.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent analytical degree required.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA - qualified.
- 4+ years experience in an Accounting position required.
- Advanced Excel Skills, and high level of systems proficiency required.
- Strong knowledge of financial and general accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment with strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Team members are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 3x basic salary life assurance cover
- Enhance employer pension contributions
- 24 days paid holiday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.