Your new company
We are delighted to be supporting and growing charity in recruiting their next Head of Finance on an initial interim duration of 6-9 months.
In recent years, their turnover has grown from £3M to £9M and they have ambitious plans to grow further by 2030.
Your new role
Reporting into a dynamic and ambitious Chief Operating Officer, you will lead a small finance team of 4 in delivering a robust and high calibre finance service. You will be responsible for the full monthly management accounts, budgeting and forecasting and cashflow management.
Key deliverables specific to the interim role include:
- Drafting statutory accounts - consolidated charity accounts and trading company accounts
- Preparation of audit papers for auditors and pulling together information for provision
- HMRC preparation of VAT returns for submission
- Monthly payroll review and checking for authorisation
- Preparation of management accounts and other reporting
- Payroll outsourcing review and recommendations
- Finance system change
- Treasury management project
What you\'ll need to succeed
We are seeking a CCAB Qualified Accountant with experience of working with the Charities and Not-for-Profit sectors. You will have proven experience of producing statutory accounts to SORP reporting standards. and working with HMRC.
What you\'ll get in return
The charity is committed to supporting a positive work / life balance and has embraced hybrid and flexible working. You will be leading a small finance team and will need to be visible and attending the office regularly but working from home for the majority of the week is an option.
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.