£35,000-£45,000 per annum (plus bonus)
Mon-Fri (37.5 hours per week - flexibility offered around start and finish times)
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are pleased to be supporting a reputable SME manufacturing business in Malvern with the recruitment of a Financial Accountant on a permanent basis.
Our client is a global leader in the development and production of yeast, bacteria and specialty ingredients, employing more than 400 people across the globe.
Your new role
You will be required to support the Financial Controller with key day-to-day financial activities for the site and assist in the oversight of a small, local team.
- Month-end accounts preparation and journals
- Review of accruals and prepayments
- Overseeing nominal, stock and purchase ledgers
- Monthly reporting to Group
- Maintaining Capex project ledger
- Inventory reconciliations
- Average costing and production variance analysis
- Preparing monthly payroll
- VAT returns
- Assisting with annual budget preparation
- Assisting with year-end audit
What you'll need to succeed
- ACCA/CIMA part-qualified/finalist actively working towards the completion of your qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role with a good understanding of monthly accounts, VAT and payroll
- Manufacturing/production background with familiarity of inventory/costing procedures
- Forward-thinking mindset with the ability to suggest improvements and make changes
- High attention to detail
- Supervisory experience (highly desirable but not essential)
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, LookUps, SumIFs etc.)
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £45,000 per annum (depending on qualification and experience) and the chance to work for an excellent, local business that has a strong reputation within their market. Additional benefits include study support (if applicable), yearly bonus scheme (up to 7.5%), auto-enrolment pension, health scheme, death-in service and 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). Although the role will be predominantly office-based, there is scope to accommodate one day WFH as well as flexibility around working hours.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.