David Pieris Holdings (Private) Limited is the holding company of the David Pieris Group, one of the largest, most financially stable conglomerates in Sri Lanka. The Group has diversified interests in automotive products and services, financial services, logistics & warehouse operations, eco-friendly agribusiness, racing leisure, information and communication technologies, investment property & real estate, consumer durables, aviation, shipping & marine services.
The Group's New Initiatives and Research Team is looking for a dynamic, result-oriented individual with experience and expertise to fill the following position.
- Prepare, update and review detailed financial models that support investment evaluation and relevant scenario analysis.
- Perform quantitative evaluations and prepare reports of potential investment opportunities to support investment recommendations.
- Develop investment presentations to the Investment Committee and Senior Management and assist the leadership in sourcing investment opportunities.
- Liaise with internal business units/subsidiaries in the Group to identify research requirements.
- Conduct industry research as per the business requirements of the Group.
- Design, conduct and interpret internal and external surveys to provide business insights required by internal business units.
- Demonstrate strong industry knowledge and business judgment.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of markets, industry and company specific activities.
- Build and nurture relationships while facilitating information flow with external/internal parties.
- Keep abreast of new, value-added, and/or unusual sources of information.
- A Bachelor's Degree - Major(s) and academic excellence in Accounting and Finance. A Degree in Economics, Engineering or Mathematics will be considered favourably.
- A professional qualification in Finance/Accounting such as CIMA, ACCA. Full or part qualification in CFA will be considered an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the research industry/corporate finance/strategy/financial services with a basic understanding of economics, macroeconomic factors, international affairs and policy/politics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Sinhala and an expert in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel with the ability thrive in a fast paced and intense environment.
If you feel that you measure up to our expectations, apply in confidence by email or post, within seven (07) days of this advertisement, providing contact details of two non-related referees and indicating the position applied for, in the subject line or top left corner of the envelope.