Your new company
This is a great time to join the finance team at London Borough of Brent. You will work with an outstanding leadership team and will join a highly committed and innovative team who are dedicated to building on their performance. Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make up.
Your new role
Finance Analyst - Financial Reporting - Children and Young People (CYP)
- The post holder will provide support and financial reporting for the children and young people's general fund.
- The key responsibilities will include budget preparation and monitoring.
- Working closely with social work teams and Heads of Service, you will ensure that they are provided with invaluable financial information to provide decision-making support and for management reporting.
- An ability to communicate complex financial information to people without a finance background is essential.
- You will also contribute to the closing of accounts.
- Systems: Oracle and excel.
What you\'ll need to succeed
- The successful candidate will be a part qualified accountant/AAT and have an understanding of budget setting and supporting budget holders.
- You should be able to manage the fine balance between providing support to your service areas whilst offering challenge and scrutiny and be able to provide information in a clear and meaningful manner.
- You may have worked in local government but applications from candidates who have worked in another public service area or commerce would be welcome.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you are proactive, committed to adding value and dedicated to improving systems and processes to deliver a first-class service to budget holders.
What you\'ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlements starting from 26 days\' holiday a year
- A full range of family friendly policies, including generous maternity and paternity entitlements and childcare schemes
- Flexible working patterns, including hybrid working
- Training and development opportunities
- Good travel links in and out of Wembley and a range of cost saving travel schemes
- Access to My Brent Rewards, our dedicated website for staff with big brand discounts and local offers
- Work at the outstanding state-of-the-art Brent Civic Centre
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
The closing date will be 14th February but please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please do not wait until the closing date to apply.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.