Your new company
This is a great time to join the finance team at London Borough of Brent. You will work with an outstanding leadership team and will join a highly committed and innovative team who are dedicated to building on their performance. Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make up.
Your new role
Finance Analyst - Collection Fund/ Technical Accountant
- The post holder will provide financial reporting support for the Collection Fund i.e.-the account that manages Council Tax and National Non Domestic Rates (business rates).
- This role will support the Revenues team and the Medium Term Finance Strategy lead in the monitoring of the Collection Fund and budget setting for the Council in addition to supporting the completion of reconciliations, statutory returns and year year-end processes for the Collection Fund.
- Systems: Oracle and excel.
What you\'ll need to succeed
- The successful candidate will be a part qualified accountant/AAT and have a keen interest in working in a more technical area of finance.
- You should be interested in understanding the funding model of local government and be keen to keep up with statutory regulations.
- You may have worked in local government but applications from candidates who have worked in another public service area or commerce would be welcome.
- You must be able to demonstrate excellent experience of complex reconciliations, a thorough understanding of accrual accounting and a keen interest to become an expert in a specialist area.
What you\'ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlements starting from 26 days\' holiday a year
- A full range of family friendly policies, including generous maternity and paternity entitlements and childcare schemes
- Flexible working patterns, including hybrid working
- Training and development opportunities
- Good travel links in and out of Wembley and a range of cost saving travel schemes
- Access to My Brent Rewards, our dedicated website for staff with big brand discounts and local offers
- Work at the outstanding state-of-the-art Brent Civic Centre
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
The closing date will be 14th February but please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please do not wait until the closing date to apply.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.