This is a great time to join the finance team at London Borough of Brent. You will work with an outstanding leadership team and will join a highly committed and innovative team who are dedicated to building on their performance. Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make-up.
This role will be a finance business partner for Housing within the capital team. You will provide strategic modelling and review the viability of the Council's Housing Programmes. You will play a significant role in instilling good governance and project management within the programme and experience in capital in local government. You will support with the monthly reporting of the programme deliverables to capital boards, contribute to the closure of accounts and complete statutory returns to central government.
Systems: Oracle and excel.
What you need to succeed
The successful candidate will be a part-qualified accountant/AAT and understand capital accounting. You are likely to have worked in local government and have a clear understanding of the requirements of a viability assessment and how to support the delivery of a capital project. You will have excellent written communication skills and be able to prepare reports in a succinct format.
The closing date will be 14th February but please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please do not wait until the closing date to apply.
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlements starting from 26 days\' holiday a year
- A full range of family friendly policies, including generous maternity and paternity entitlements and childcare schemes
- Flexible working patterns, including hybrid working
- Training and development opportunities
- Good travel links in and out of Wembley and a range of cost-saving travel schemes
- Access to My Brent Rewards, our dedicated website for staff with big brand discounts and local offers
- Work at the outstanding state-of-the-art Brent Civic Centre