WHO WE ARE
Working with clients in fintech, blockchain and hospitality, Lightning Sharks offer our clients a full range of media services including content creation, SEO, social media management, PR, lifecycle and marketing automation, web/mobile development, video production, creative design, and business strategy.
We build and execute strategies to enable clients and our own internal teams to capitalise on opportunities, break through barriers to growth, and lead our respective fields. We celebrate leaders at all levels who take risks and create magic.
We are looking for self-starters and forward thinkers who are ready for a new challenge as our agency transforms within an exciting and emerging market.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT
You will be a proven Financial Controller or Head of Finance with extensive experience in managing the financial strategy and operations of fast-growing creative services agencies. Highly adept at ensuring strong accounting rigour and practices are in place, you will also be passionate about implementing agile financial processes and systems to help us operate as efficiently and effectively as possible.
You will thrive in a start-up environment while also being able to work with global teams and clients, controlling numerous accounts and multi-currency payments while leading the Finance team to ensure a high-quality service is delivered.
WE WILL COUNT ON YOU TO
- Be involved in the decision making of key business changes and ventures, providing the board with substantial financial insight to inform commercial decision making
- Manage financial systems, policies, and processes for internal financial planning, reporting, and analysis
- Manage and lead the Finance team, ensuring professional and personal support and development
- Work closely with client teams and senior management to prepare financial budgets and forecasts
- Suggest and implement process or system improvements
- Provide financial input to monthly/quarterly reporting packs
- Oversee monthly preparation of management accounts, including variance analysis, that are suitably drafted for non-financial personnel to identify trends and future steps
- Oversee preparation of month end accounts and ensure all statutory submissions are made accurately and on time
- Manage outsourced payroll provider
- Work with the management team to ensure that key strategic decisions and business strategy are informed by a clear understanding of the financial implications
- Oversee AP/AR processes in conjunction with client teams to assist in generating strong cashflows
- Communicate financial processes and workflows to the business, ensuring best practice is understood and followed
- Create a culture of openness, positivity, feedback, agility, accountability, and high performance
WHO WE THINK WOULD BE A GOOD FIT
Your passion, innovation, integrity, curiosity, and professionalism will set you apart and you will value accountability, respect, teamwork, and excellence to ensure we operate with financial integrity and effectiveness.
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA qualified
- Proven experience and in-depth knowledge of running and growing a finance function in a creative agency or SME
- Has worked with multi-national companies and is experienced with managing global transactions and accounts
- Numerical, analytical, and commercially astute with strong budget management skills
- Highly organised with excellent planning skills - process oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strategic, forward thinking, proactive and collaborative
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management, interpersonal and presentation skills – able to build strong relationships, manage expectations and distil financial information to stakeholders easily across all levels of the business
- Strong team manager and leader, inspiring and motivating others while displaying excellent leadership qualities including emotional intelligence, accountability, resilience and influencing skills
- Agile, adaptable, flexible and solution oriented – multiple priorities, changing goal posts, and shifting demands in a dynamic, fluid working environment will not phase you and you will enjoy bringing structure, process, and simplicity to a fast-growing, demanding business within a complex eco-system
- Excellent IT and project management skills – advanced Office 365 user who has used and implemented multiple finance systems/portals and project management tools i.e., Jira, NetSuite
- Strong reporting skills – able to produce accurate and meaningful reports using various reporting tools