Your new company
You will work for a global, innovative company that has offices in Europe, UK, America and Asia. They require an Accounting Consultant to join their team on a 12-month contracted basis. This role is based in their Donegal offices, and you will be a part of a well established team of accounting professionals.
Your new role
As Accounting Consultant, you will work within a global team and your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports.
- Reconcile, analyse and review general ledger accounts in preparation for the month-end close.
- Prepare journal entries and reviews accounting classifications in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Analyse and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position.
- Assist with or lead the month-end, quarterly-end close process for assigned businesses or groups
- Perform work in a self-directed manner and work with less structured, more complex issues.
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements.
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems.
- Solve moderately complex problems and/or conduct moderately complex analyses.
What you'll need to succeed
- 2 years experience working with a multinational business
- Ideally, a fully qualified accountant or near qualification
- Experience supporting financial close, posting journals, account reconciliations and compliance
- Strong MS Office skills, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with PowerQuery or Power BI would be desirable
What you'll get in return
You will work for a global, innovative company on a 12-month fixed-term contract basis. This role is hybrid working, and you will be a part of a well established global team of accounting professionals. The salary on offer is very competitive. There is a possibility that this role will become permanent.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.