As a Management Accountant, you will be supporting all financial activities for multiple business units, as well as providing effective business partnering to guide the business, and strategic input to ensure the business objectives are met. You will produce accurate and timely financial information and management reports, monitoring profit and loss, and financial performance generally. You will report to the Divisional Financial Controller and will also liaise with the parent company group finance department to ensure compliance with relevant statutory and group reporting requirements.
Some of your key accountabilities and outputs will include:
- Business Partnering: Support Finance Office Manager, Financial Controller and Managing Director in operational review, KPI setting and sensitivity analysis. Provide analysis on emerging trends and markets, and highlight the revenue and guidance to the management team. Present financial information to non-financial team members and ensure there is understanding, as well as answering queries.
- Responsible for the management and control of all day to day financial aspects of the Company: Supporting the maintenance and development of accounting system. Full sales and purchase ledger support.
- Completion of group reporting packs for month end and forecast: Submit financial performance in an accurate, detailed and timely manner (in line with group timetable). Ensure actuals and forecast packs are reconciled to group system. Provide assistance to group financial team, with any queries.
- Completion of annual statutory accounting pack and liaison with external auditors: Reconciling monthly management accounts, completion of year-end audit and tax packs as required by auditors. Attend meetings as requested. Provide sufficient, detailed information to auditors to maintain record of clean audits.
- Completion of required reporting and submissions to relevant authorities e.g. HMRC VAT reporting: Monthly VAT reporting via Group consolidated return. Assistance on VAT audits. National Statistics returns.
- Co-ordination and preparation of annual budget: Assist with financial analysis to ensure management team are aware of performance trends underpinning budget projections and that are robust to meet group review and query. Ensure all reporting deadlines are met in line with group issued timetable.
- Management of inter-company arrangements with other group companies: Agree and reconcile monthly balances. Best practice sharing where appropriate. Support FOM, FC and MD to enhance and simplify intercompany procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Education: Possess an ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS or CIMA qualification or equivalent experience
- Skills: High level of attention to detail. Systematic approach to tasks with a 'can do' attitude. Effective and timely analysis skills. Exceptional communication skills. Outstanding interpersonal skills. Excellent negotiation skills. Excellent team management skills. Ability to challenge. Proficient in MS Office, in particular Excel.
- Experience: Demonstrable post qualifying experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Internationally focussed - experience of working within an international group desirable.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.