Your new company
My client is all about beautiful consumer goods for the house. Products that look as though they cost a fortune, but don't. They have an almost obsessive desire to win 5-star ratings from their customers, they are a tight-knit team of super-committed individuals who love what they do and who do it with a smile and a sense of humour.
As a company, they also recognise the responsibility on them to do what they do responsibly, ethically, fairly and with as little impact on the environment as possible. Further, they recognise the value that diversity brings to society and that business can play a valuable role in promoting it. And they believe that companies that embrace diversity and inclusivity are likely to do better as result. So, they are fully committed to choosing their employees, partners and suppliers purely based on what they bring to the table.
Your new role
- Delivery and preparation of monthly management accounts and key financial reports
- Understanding and completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Investigating and explaining variances to budget
- Support with budget preparation
- Owning year-end accounting processes in preparation of statutory audit
- Active Involvement in audit process
- Working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions to support the organisation.
- Cash management and cash analysis, presented to management on a weekly basis.
- Treasury management - maximising payment terms and preserving cash.
- Support with monthly payroll
- Control of business systems, providing insight and challenge to fellow senior manager
- Management of an Accounts Assistant, which includes Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) providing guidance and support.
What you'll need to succeed
- Have the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Have strong IT, numerical problem-solving skills and are highly proficient with Excel
- Are an organised worker with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
What you'll get in return
In return you will have the opportunity to play a big part in the development and progression of the business, you will be offered a competitive package and be part of a highly successful and driven team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.