Hays Senior Finance are exclusively partnering with a global manufacturing business based in Tewkesbury, who are renowned for a fantastic culture and management team. They are number one in their industry and are currently diversifying into new markets. The role has come about due to an internal promotion, which is indicative of the business.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Finance Director has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. The Finance Director should also extend to obtaining and maintaining investor relations and partnership compliance.
MAIN MISSION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Finance Director is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations for the sub region.
- The Finance Director will have primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities including the development of financial and operational strategies.
- The role of the Finance Director will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic Planning.
- The Finance Director will report to the Europe CFO, and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company.
A Chief Financial Officer will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Oversee all transactions and processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Provide strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance and new business opportunities
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory legislation for financial and tax reporting
PROFILE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation
- Strong problem solving and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Make and implement crucial recommendations
- Ability to work under pressure
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
Experience: Over ten years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles and hold an active finance qualification.
This is a fantastic role offering career progression and development. If you are an experienced Head of Finance or Controller, this would be a brilliant first Director role. If you would like further details or to talk about the market, then please get in touch.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.