The Catholic Diocese of Wichita is seeking an exceptional individual to serve as Director of Finance. The Director of Finance is accountable for the overall financial management of the Diocese of Wichita and the stewardship of fiscal resources in support of the mission and vision of the Diocese. The Finance Director advises the Bishop in the administration and stewardship of the temporal goods of the Diocese, developing and implementing policies and procedures in accord with Canon Law and civil law. Responsibilities include providing financial expertise and advice to the Bishop, articulating the overall financial condition of the Diocese at any point in time, and working closely with pastors, Diocesan leadership, Diocesan Finance Council, Diocesan Investment Committee, clergy and other Diocesan leaders on a broad range of financial and administrative matters.
Qualifications for this opening include the following:
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing and a steward in one’s parish with a commitment to the mission and teachings of the Catholic Church
- Must have the ability and willingness to promote and exemplify the Curia Core Values of Unity in Mission, Discipleship Centered Stewardship and Apostolic Courage
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration. MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum of 10-15 years of finance and accounting experience with at least 5 years of senior level management. Experience in a not-for profit environment helpful
- Experience in budgeting, auditing and oversight of investments required. Prefer experience in risk management, insurance and contract review
- Forward thinker with the ability to conserve resources while recognizing strategic opportunities to utilize existing and new resources
- Outstanding leadership skills with the competence to manage staff
- Proven to be a team-oriented, proactive and collaborative business partner with strong business judgement and high level of integrity
Interested applicants may submit resumes, references and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Application deadline is noon, February 29, 2024.