Your new company
A diverse range of businesses in South Cumbria. The Group's interests are varied and include a significant agricultural, residential and commercial property portfolio, forestry, quarries, caravan parks, sporting interests, and a construction company. They are now looking to recruit an accounts assistant on a permanent basis.
Your new role
- Daily Bank Transaction Processing: Execute and monitor daily financial transactions with precision and accuracy whilst collaborating with various teams to ensure seamless processing of transactions.
- Account Reconciliation: Conduct daily reconciliations to ensure all financial records align with bank statements. You will have responsibility to investigate and resolve discrepancies promptly, maintaining a keen eye for detail.
- Month-end Tasks: Support month-end closing activities on the sales ledger and purchase ledger, including journal entries and reconciliations, to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Debtor Reporting: Liase with operations to report on debt balances, assessing recoverability and reporting potential bad debts.
- Process Improvement: Continuously identify opportunities to streamline processes, improve efficiency, and enhance the accuracy of the payroll process or purchase system.
- Ad hoc Tasks: Contribute to special projects and tasks as assigned, requiring versatility and commitment to the team\'s success.
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Attention to Detail: Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record-keeping.
- Organisational Skills: Strong organisational skills to manage a high volume and payments effectively.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with all stakeholders.
- Team Player: A collaborative, positive attitude and willingness to work closely across the finance team and other departments.
- Problem-Solving: Proven ability to analyse and resolve issues in a timely manner, ensuring minimal disruption to operations.
- Integrity: Demonstrated commitment to handling sensitive financial information with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
- IT Proficiency: Proficient at using Microsoft Excel, and ability to pick-up new software.
What you\'ll get in return
There is a clear progression path with this role. You will be working in a beautiful office space a short drive away from the heart of the Lake District. On site parking, multiple perks & discounts are available.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.