The North Technology Group (NTG) originated in 1957 with North Sails (the global leader in sail-making). Today, North Technology Group is a diverse family of companies serving marine and manufacturing markets worldwide. Future Fibres, which is one of the companies under the NTG, is looking for a Group Tax Executive who will work closely with the Group Tax Director and Finance Teams in the Shared Services Centre and Internationally and be an important part of the business and help achieve its tax objectives.
- Support the Group Tax Director to develop and deliver a robust international tax strategy across the Group
- Assist the Group Tax Director manage and minimise tax risk for the Group in the countries it operates in
- Ensure the group has robust processes to meet all tax compliance and reporting requirements with particular emphasis on the US, which is outsourced and involves the following and accounts for 35% of the role.
- Managing the annual process of filing the US Federal and State Returns (approximately 80 returns)
- Application for US tax extensions
- Quarterly payments on account and calculations for Federal and State Taxes
- Filing the annual partner K1 returns (approximately 25 returns)
- Calculation of the US tax provision for year-end reporting
- Responsibility for US tax accounting
- Be able to act as tax partner to the business and provide tax support and advice when required.
- Support the Group Tax Director on tax projects to maintain an efficient group structure.
- Support the Group Tax Director with the Group’s transfer pricing policy ensuring appropriate documentation is in place to meet local requirements.
- Support the Group Tax Director with tax audits and tax controversy.
- Assist with tax reporting and cash tax forecasting for the Group.
- Work closely with external advisors and maintain these relationships so that advice can be sought when required.
- Keep up to date with tax developments and legislation and their impact on the business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant, or Tax Advisor (or equivalent) preferably with industry and US tax experience
- Good international tax experience
- Strong communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of an international structure and across different cultures.
- Have good business acumen and be risk aware.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally when the role requires and on occasion be able to attend calls outside normal office hours to meet US tax requirement.