An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for a commercially focused finance professional to join this prestigious and progressive manufacturing business in South Wales. To support continued profitable growth, a Financial Controller is required to provide financial, technical, and commercial support to senior management. The successful candidate will be joining an established company that wants to implement systems and controls across the business to ensure sustainable growth whilst improving the margin, and this will be a key responsibility for the successful person.
This challenging and varied role will take ownership of the operational financial management of the organisation, providing strategic support that drives profitability and business partnering with the Managing Director. Supervising a small team, you will be responsible for all aspects of finance for the business. A key part of the role is to identify improvements and implement strategies for effecting change, controlling change, and helping people to adapt to the change.
The successful candidate will be organised, focused and flexible, with a strong track record in financial and group reporting.
As Financial Controller, the role will report to the Managing Director of the business as well as having a dotted reporting line to the Group Finance Director, and will have full responsibility for the finance team of 2 people.
- Supporting the Managing Director on all aspects of the business but with particular focus on introducing systems across the business.
- Challenge and replace established processes and procedures where necessary & preparing the business for the implementation of an ERP system.
- Supporting business planning with capex proposals & time and motion analyses.
- Ensure KPI requirements are captured and reported as needed to manage performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Dig behind the numbers to understand key trends and be able to present findings and solutions to the management team.
- Setting up and implementing a stock control system.
- Leading all margin improvement projects and Initiatives across the organisation.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts & other required information in accordance with Group Reporting Manual.
- Investigation & explanation of account variances to Budget & expectations.
- Supervise and manage the Finance Team to carry out their tasks effectively & efficiently.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations performed monthly with reconciling items fully investigated and resolved on a timely basis.
- Manage cash flow daily with formal 13-week forecasting on a regular basis.
- Establish and implement financial reporting processes to ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported on a timely basis.
- Preparation of Annual Budgets in conjunction with Managing Director.
- Quarterly VAT reconciliations.
- Report to the Managing Director with timely and accurate financial information
Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant (e.g. ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Several years of experience in a business environment
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the business, from shop floor to Director level;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- High levels of accuracy and eye for detail
- Strong analytical and logic problem solving skills.
- Excellent Excel skills and the ability to manipulate significant amounts of data. Power BI experience would be desirable.
- Experience of managing others and working as part of a team
- Proficient at change management.
- Ideally experience of successfully implementing an ERP system across a business.
- Self-motivation and commitment as well as enthusiasm in supporting new processes and change.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.