Senior Management Accountant
You will perform a key strategic role, working with other members of the Finance and Procurement team to deliver efficient and effective analysis to support the provision of financial management information to the organisation and its stakeholders.
The organisation performs it's administrative function as part of a public service in Scotland.
- Manage the month end accounting and reporting process and work with the transaction team and other units/sections to deliver accurate financial reporting information in line with the timetable. Analyse and ensure a comprehensive understanding of the monthly accounts and key cost drivers at the consolidated level.
- Manage the annual budget process including the production of key data and financial analysis in line with timetable. Maintain the organisation's budgeting and forecasting information, updating and tracking any changes as required.
- Provide expert advice and guidance in the interpretation of the financial outturn, financial management and future financial planning/budgeting/forecasting to business partners and other Finance staff.
- Be a key point of contact for Finance Business partners and other Finance staff, providing support and guidance on financial management including budgeting and forecasting.
- Support the modelling of costs within an agreed framework and implementation of the agreed approach within the org.
- Collate, analyse and present appropriate financial data for information and decision making purposes as required e.g. Pay Remit, VAT returns, unit costing etc
- Ensure finance guidance documents are accurate, up to date and are in line with best practice.
- Provide an overview on capital spend across the org.
- Undertake investment appraisal as required.
- Take a key role in the preparation and delivery of the year end accounts and provision of supplementary accounting information.
- Work with others within the org and outside agencies to continuously improve service provision and make suggestions for improvements to systems and processes.
- Assist in the development of and presentation of a Financial Training programme for all staff involved in Finance.
- Line manage, support and develop a small team
- CCAB or CIMA professional qualification or equivalent and have evidence of continuing professional development (E)
- Have Intermediate Excel skills and be willing to undertake further training
- Excellent understanding and practical experience of budgeting and financial management processes
- Provide accurate advice and guidance in the interpretation of financial data & results
- Have experience of line management including developing and mentoring staff
Experience of development of finance training to finance and non-finance staff
Training and development opportunities are on offer for the successful candidate.