Life can sometimes be unpredictable, and it pays to plan ahead. Our aim at Legal & General Retail is to help our customers plan for the unexpected, achieve financial security for their tomorrow, and protect everything that's important to them. To better understand our customers and meet their needs, we've brought our protection, retirement income, savings, lending and advice, fintech and mortgage businesses under one umbrella. Created at the start of 2022 through the merging of our long-standing and trusted retail retirement and insurance businesses, we're a fast-growing division with big, customer-centered ambitions.
You role at a glance
The purpose of the L&G Retail Finance team is to use our deep understanding of the Retail division to:
- Influence stakeholders by supporting and challenging strategic and commercial decisions
- Provide relevant financial performance and MI
- Manage cost effectively
- Meet all regulatory and Group requirements
The Operations Finance Business Partner is responsible for supporting the FD, Head of Finance and the Operations and Transformation Director of Workplace Savings in achieving the Workplace Operations financial targets by providing financial decision support and challenge, management accounting services and strong cost management.
What you'll be doing
- You will produce and present monthly financial results to the Operations and Transformation Director and his leadership team explaining key messages, variance and opportunities/risks to expense targets. Proactively work with and challenge the Operations teams to mitigate expense risks and drive realisation of expense opportunities
- You will co-ordinate and manage all expense plan and forecast processes for Workplace Operations (c£40m cost base and c700 FTE) including management of the relationship with the Capacity Planning and Operations teams. Ensure all governance reviews are executed to obtain required approvals from the Operations Director, MD of Workplace Savings and Finance Director.
- You will identify, analyse and quantify potential value creating opportunities, with input from the Operations Leadership team, the Finance Director and Head of Finance.
- You will provide robust and detailed financial support to the Operations Director regarding tracking of financial benefits set out in business cases, working with the relevant stakeholders within Operations and Transformation.
- You will enhance cost centre manager understanding of expense management so that cost centre owners understand their targets and the impact they have on the Workplace business.
- You will maintain allocation rules for nominated cost centres and manage annual review process of them including management of relevant stakeholders across the Division and Group
- You will own and manage all month end and year end expense reporting and closure processes. Includes year end analysis and audit requirements.
- You will ensure that the appropriate Finance MI, process and systems are in place to provide support to L&G Retail in order that customers are treated fairly in line with Legal & General's Customer Experience and TCF policy.
- Qualified Accountant
- Detailed understanding of L&G approach to cost allocation, annual/quarterly planning and forecasting cycle, financial approval procedures/processes and monthly expenditure reporting and analysis processes, and alternative cross-charging methodologies and behavioural implications.
- Understanding of and ability to apply L&G Group Policy and Procedures, as well as L&G's risk management philosophy and ability to support business in delivery and monitoring of the risk control environment.
- Detailed understanding of Workplace Operations structure, teams and processes would be an advantage
- Advanced knowledge in the use of general ledger system (GFAS), MiCost, planning platform (Anaplan), spreadsheets, databases and analysis tools.
- Strong experience in managing and forecasting of expenses
- Experience of financial management of a large Operations team would be an advantage
- Strong experience of stakeholder management
- Ability to design, develop and maintain financial models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain financial items in commercial terms, to create clear and concise reports and to challenge peers and Directors.
When you commit to Legal & General, we'll commit to you too. That means we'll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you'll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We're also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You'll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of - both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
If you'd like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we're not accepting email applications.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we've grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We're all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you'll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we're supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there's over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
Great minds don't have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don't just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it's important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we're always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.