Do you want to help advance scientific discovery, improving quality of life around the world? We do, too.
Molecular Devices has the opportunity to be the innovation partner that empowers scientists to fast-track research breakthroughs, leading to earlier diagnoses and safer drug treatments. We're a leading life science solutions provider of high-performance bioanalytical measurement systems, software, and consumables. With Molecular Devices, you'll grow your career with best-in-class teams in a culture of collaboration.
Molecular Devices is one of 10 Life Sciences companies of Danaher. Together, we accelerate the discovery, development and delivery of solutions that safeguard and improve human health.
Do you want to work in a Global Finance team? Do you enjoy working close with business leaders to drive profitable business growth?
We are currently seeking a EU Service Finance Business Partner to join our finance team in Winnersh, Reading. The role reports into the Financial Controller with a dotted line into the Senior Commercial Finance Manager in the US. We are able to support some remote working but the candidate should expect to be office based for 40-60% of the time.
As the EU Service Finance Business Partner you are responsible for a variety of accounting and FP&A tasks. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Accountant who has come either from industry or practice.
What we'll get you doing:
Accounting and Compliance
- Accounting and analytic support to accurately report key drivers including expense, headcount, margin and revenue
- Intercompany accounting, reconciliations and recharges
- Ensuring specified list of balance sheet accounts are reconciled each month
- Accounting for inventory , demos, E&O and annual stock-takes
- P&L review for the Service organization
- Assisting with internal & external audits and balance sheet reviews
- Commercial finance support , reviewing customer financials credit worthiness and accounting technical support
Financial Planning and analysis
- Leading annual budget and monthly forecast requirements for the Service organization
- Review of monthly actuals, analyzing forecast variance, identifying trends, and providing recommendations to drive forecast execution and accuracy
- Collaborating with internal customers to understand reporting needs and establish KPIs to monitor business performance and attainment of financial objectives
- Recommending and assisting with system and process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting and analysis.
The essential requirements of the role include:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, FCA or ACCA) with strong knowledge of accounting principles and US GAAP
- Background of working for a global , preferably US headquartered organization
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in a similar role
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivots, lookups) and strong financial systems skills with a preference toward Oracle, HFM and BI. Experience with Hyperion planning is also a plus.
- Highly analytical, strong attention to detail, and an ability to set and meet tight deadlines
- Possesses the managerial courage to highlight adverse financial results and trends and offer proposed solutions to resolve
- o Experience with working in a fast-paced environment, ability to adapt quickly to changing business needs and multi-tasking.
- Ability and intellectual curiosity to dig into detail as needed while at the same time keeping in mind the bigger picture
- Cultivate strong cross functional partnership with key business partners
At Molecular Devices we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, hybrid working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in which you can work part-time at the Company location identified above and part-time remotely from your home. Additional information about this hybrid work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Molecular Devices can provide
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.