We are working closely alongside a Local Authority in Exeter
to assist with the appointment of a Finance Business Partner,
on a 12-month contract,
highly likely to be extended at clients discretion. Please apply with your CV for immediate consideration.
- Advise managers in the preparation of investment appraisals, business cases and bids to ensure integrity/accuracy and good presentation.
- Review and monitor Met Office finances to ensure accuracy of numbers in line with standards and to highlight risk.
- Facilitate the production of budgets, plans and forecasts to ensure affordability and balanced risk.
- Provide expert financial support/advice to colleagues and managers to enable effective financial management.
- Control expenditure in line with budgets/approved expenditure by providing financial concurrence to purchase requisitions, staff recruitment, credit notes and credit approvals.
- Qualified accountant (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CIMA,), with relevant post qualification experience - demonstrating you live and breathe the Accountancy profession
- Experience of month end, forecast and budget processes - demonstrating experts by nature
- You should be available to work immediately or at a short notice.
- You should have right to work in U.K
: Brackenberry Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Unless otherwise stated all of our roles are temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Important
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary. Incase the role requires an enhanced DBS, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.