The said proposed role primarily would be to assist the Group Accounting and Reporting team in the following:
- Preparation of standalone financial statements for various entities at different international jurisdictions (not India) where Trafigura operates.
- Liaising internally with the controllers, accounting teams and tax department to ensure information presented in the financial statements is correctly reflected
- Liaising externally with auditors for queries and documentation for audit completion
- Submission of statutory statistical surveys as applicable for some of the entities
- Any ad-hoc reporting activities as a part of Group accounting and reporting function.
The position will play a key role in Group Accounting and Reporting team of the Global organization. Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (preferably first attempt at all the levels)
- Industry experience with day to day application knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- 2.0-4.0 years of post-qualification experience in similar positions or relevant role
- Strong knowledge and understanding of auditing, accounting and GAAP implementation
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Microsoft Office knowledge with strong skills in Excel is required.
- Experience demonstrating skill performing basic analytical tasks (e.g., balancing data, ensuring accuracy of data); maintaining numerous electronic and paper files; using basic office equipment.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working in groups as well as independently.
- Professional management of employee relationships at all levels.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Great teammate with a hard-working approach to fresh challenges.
- Self-starter and pro-active.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Preparation of standalone financial statements for Group entities and ensuring that the overall process is led well to achieve the agreed timelines.
- Gain good understanding of the accounting concepts and be able to answer queries from the auditors/controllers.
- Preparation and filing of statistical surveys.
- Ensure that the submissions to the auditors/controllers for the standalone entities are accurate and fully explained.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Divisional Accounting teams based in Mumbai, Geneva and various other global locations
- Group accounting and reporting team based out of Amsterdam
- Tax Team based out of Mumbai and Amsterdam
- External auditors, advisors
Skills: Auditing, Accounting, Gaap, Excel, Ifrs
Experience: 2.00-4.00 Years