- Thrive in a team who come together to achieve amazing outcomes
- Be a part of a company that develops and promotes its own talent
- Flexibility around your family, lifestyle or personal commitments
We have an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Payroll Manager to join our supportive and collaborative team. You will oversee and manage the effective running of our busy managed payroll service in conjunction with the Payroll Manager - Operations. You will report to our National Payroll Manager and lead a team of Payroll Officers, both locally and nationally. If you enjoy a busy role where no day is the same - keep reading!
What will your typical week look like?
- Identifying, planning and delivering continuous improvement initiatives
- Building client relationships and refining our onboarding process
- Managing the day-to-day requirements in relation to workflow, payroll processing, pay reviews and banking
- Mentor, train and develop the payroll team
- Ensuring payroll controls and compliance are effective, efficient, and used appropriately to mitigate risk
- Actively participating in new and ongoing projects
- Maintaining the integrity of our payroll systems, processing notes and HRIS platforms
- Engaging with external partners as required in relation to payroll reporting and filing requirements
- Providing technical payroll support for the payroll team and client technical payroll queries
More about the perks
- Competitive salary & an inclusive working environment.
- We provide flexible schedules, work environments and experiences
- Clear career development pathway and ongoing training support
- Health insurance and lifestyle benefits
Let's talk about you!
We are looking for a skilled Payroll Manager to lead our large and sometimes complex payroll function. You will be process oriented, analytical and have excellent attention to detail. You will be comfortable working independently and taking accountability for leading the payroll team. You will also:
- Possess proven people leadership skills
- Have a proactive and solutions focused approach
- Be confident with knowledge and application of relevant employment and payroll related legislation
- Have experience producing high quality documents, reports, and presentations
- Previous experience in implementing payroll-related process improvements
- Experience with modern payroll software solutions
Why Findex? #writeyournextchapter
Findex is the largest provider of accounting, audit, tax, business and financial advice to individuals, small and medium enterprises in Australasia. We pride ourselves on an integrated service offering, giving our clients the peace of mind that comes with knowing their financial and lifestyle goals are being looked after
With a focus on empowering our people to work in a way that best meets their needs and those of their team and clients, the career growth of Findex employees isn't limited by their location. We attract, retain, and promote people who share a sense of purpose and belonging. And we have a passion for creating opportunities for growth and sustainability that ripple throughout metropolitan and regional communities.
Apply now - we can't wait to hear from you! Please note, you will be directed to our careers page to apply
Findex Christmas and New Year Office Closure
Please be advised that Findex offices will be closing for the Christmas and New Year period, between December 22 - January 10 (AU), and December 22 - January 15 (NZ).
All applications received during this time will be reviewed upon our return in the new year.
The Findex TA team would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Only candidates with valid work rights within Australia/New Zealand in which this position is based will be considered.
This role is being managed by Findex Talent Acquisition and we will not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.