Brian Perry Civil is a leading and award-winning New Zealand specialist foundation and civil contractor. As part of the overall Fletcher Building Group, we undertake a wide range of challenging civil construction projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific with specialities including piling, retaining wall and ground improvement works.
Position: Project Accountant
Employment Type: Fixed Term position until October 2025
Reporting to: Head of Finance, Brian Perry Civil with a dotted line to the Project Commercial Manager
Location: South Auckland (Airport site), Auckland, potential for 2 days WFH once settled in the role.
Remuneration: Base Salary + Kiwisaver + Employee Benefits
We are looking for an experienced Project Accountant to join our team. In this role you will be the primary accounting lead for a major project through to final closeout, ensuring timely processing of transactions, accurate recording of costs and liabilities, robust forecasting of outcomes and clear visibility of risks and opportunities.
- Monthly reporting as directed by Project Director/ Commercial Manager
- Financial management working alongside JDE Accountant and QS Administrator
- Review project performance and forecasting
- Participation in regular project review meetings and monthly governance
- Financial audits
- FCC/FBU information requests
- Undertake projects or activities as required by the business
- Safety & wellbeing management
- Manage key relationships with Project Director and teams
- Develop and act with a super user skillset to support all facets of JDE data capture and management, identify JDE skill gaps and facilitate training as needed.
Skills and Experience required:
- CA/CPA and tertiary Qualifications
- 10 years' plus experience in accounting roles in construction or large corporate
- Knowledge and understanding of complex commercial projects and performance reporting
- In-depth appreciation of sound internal control mechanisms and processes.
- Experienced user of large complex ERP systems - JDE experience preferable
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Strong focus on meeting and exceeding the needs of internal and external customers
- Proven ability to find creative, practical solutions to sometimes complex problems
- Ability to be flexible in dealing with conflicting priorities and changing requirements
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability/ownership
- Ability to manage workload in order to meet timescales
- Experienced user of MS Office toolset
What's on Offer:
Competitive salary package + great employee benefits, including educational support
Clear opportunities for training and career growth
Internal mobility across an exciting portfolio of current project and future works - as we are part of the Fletcher Construction group, many of our employees work across Fletcher Construction Major Projects, Brian Perry Civil and Higgins - great opportunity to get a range of experience all within one company.
Industry leading parental leave policy - Flexible Work Practices - Fletcher Building Employee Education Fund - Employee Welfare Fund - EAP Services - Fletcher Building Share Scheme - Long Service Awards - Free membership to NAWIC / WIN - Extensive Retail Discounts