Mō te tūranga - About the role
Kia Hanga I Te Ao, E Ora Ai, E Tupu Ai, Te Tangata Me Te Kainga. At ANZ, we're shaping a world where people and communities thrive, driven by a common goal: to improve the financial wellbeing and sustainability of our millions of customers.
Our close-knit team of Banking Consultants play a critical role in making this happen by building trusted relationships with customers who visit our branches to do their banking. Our Banking Consultants come from a range of backgrounds including hospitality, retail and the travel industry, but they all share one thing - a passion for connecting with people and a desire to ensure our customers are set up for financial success.
Experience or qualifications in banking isn't required to be great in this role. We'll teach you everything you need to know about banking with our streamlined group training programs that support you as you learn the ropes. This training also sets you up for a career that can go many places!
We are continuously building our team of Banking Consultants in our branches across Auckland and have part-time, full-time, and casual opportunities. If you're customer-focused and ready to build a meaningful career, we'll work with you to find the right role in the right location.
Role Location: Te Mōro o Hato Ruka - St Lukes Mall
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time - Sunday - Thursday
Ka aha tō rā e kite ai? - What will your day look like
There is so much variety in your day to day as a Banking Consultant and you could be helping our customers by:
- Supporting them with personalised and purposeful conversations to better support their financial well-being and create real customer value;
- Educating them on using ANZ's digital solutions to simplify their banking;
- Delivering incredible service and ensuring they leave the branch as strong advocates for ANZ;
- Helping them navigate their everyday banking needs across the Retail product set, excluding Home Lending;
- Building your skills and banking knowledge quickly through on-going coaching and training from your dedicated business leaders.
Whatever the day has in store, you'll be working with a close-knit team that supports each other and celebrates team wins.
Ōu Pūkenga? - What will you bring
To grow and be successful in the role, you will ideally bring the following:
- A customer-centric mindset and an ability to show genuine care and understanding
- An eagerness to learn the fundamentals of banking and build a new career
- Previous work experience in a customer-facing environment
- An interest in promoting various digital channels
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to different situations
- A positive attitude and a growth mindset
Ngā hua o ANZ - ANZ Benefits
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Health Insurance & Staff Banking Package
- Staff banking benefits including retail partner discounts, sports staff supporters club
- Generous Leave Provisions including parental leave, study leave, annual leave and lifestyle leave
- Access to Self-Learning Programs and Leadership who support your Career Development
He aha te take e uru ai koe ki a mātou? - So, why join us?
From the moment you join ANZ, you'll be part of a work whānau striving towards a common purpose: shaping a world where communities thrive.
But it's not just our customers who'll feel your impact. You'll feel it too. Because at ANZ, you'll have the resources, opportunities, and community you need to take the next big step in your career.
We're a diverse community at ANZ in different roles, different locations, doing different things. That's why we have a range of flexible working arrangements, so our people can "make work, work for them". We also provide a range of benefits including access to wellbeing services and discounts on selected products and services from ANZ and more.
At ANZ you'll be part of an organisation where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated. That's because we're committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of Aotearoa New Zealand's communities. Join us and get involved in one of our affinity networks which help us to better understand and meet the needs and interests of our increasingly diverse workforce.
Kua wātea te katoa ki te tono. We welcome applications from everyone and encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with an access requirement or disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ visit www.anz.co.nz/careers. You can apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number 55825.
Te Rā Ōtinga - Job Posting End Date