Business Unit, Department, Reporting Job grade/level
S6 Business Unit
Finance Position reports to
Snr Manager: Finance Business Partner Span of Control
0 Core Description
To coordinate the budgeting process, prepare and monitor the actual vs. budget. Co-ordinate and consolidate information for all statutory reporting. Provide input into the analysis of financial information to allow the business unit to make well-informed decisions to ensure financial sustainability.Key Deliverables / Primary Functions
Core Functional Skills & Knowledge
- Provide input in developing the annual budget plan for the business in consultation with key business unit stakeholders and line management, in accordance with BCX guidelines
- Oversee and coordinate the circulation of budget guidelines and templates
- Oversee and consolidate budget submissions received and address queries raised by line management
- Coordinate and consolidate inputs for the preparation of the business unit budget
- Analyse potential over or under spending variances and submit report to supervisor for further action to be taken.
- Review the quality and accuracy of monthly variance report submissions received, prepare reallocation journals for posting to the GL
- Support accounts payable and receivable on management of payment and receipts for effective and efficient working capital management
- Support and ensure the management of fixed assets within business units
- Support business in the management of inventory and proper accounting of inventory to optimal working capital management
- Prepare and analyse financial information and financial statistics for monthly and quarterly financial reporting
- Facilitate and check the preparation and distribution of valid, accurate and complete reports on project spending.
- Compile and submit monthly bank reconciliations and progress reports for project administration.
Core Behavioural Competencies
- Budgeting Principles and Processes
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Governance
- Risk and Control
1. Job Match Rating2. Delivering Results3. Meeting customer expectations4. Decision Making5. Handling Pressure6. Communication and ImpactMinimum Qualifications
NQF 6: 3 year Degree/ Diploma/ National Diploma in Finance or Database ManagementOR NQF 4: Grade 12Additional Qualification preferred or advantageExperience
3 years of experience in finance, experience and relevant exposure to the Financial sector and the full accounting function.
If the highest qualification is grade 12, 5 years of experience in finance, experience and relevant exposure to the Financial sector and the full accounting function.Certifications
NoneProfessional Memberships in Relevant IndustryLevel of Engagement & Span of Control
Interacts with various stakeholders within BCX including sales teams.Special Requirements/ Employment ConditionWorkplace/Physical Requirements
Non-BillableHybrid Remote Worker