At Marsh McLennan, Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging (IDB) are fundamental business values. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and thrive. We know that colleagues with different backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and cultures bring a diversity of ideas that drive innovation and growth. Through our Rising Talent in Finance Program (“RTiF”), we are keen to attract talent from underrepresented backgrounds to join our team. This unique and challenging development program is for individuals interested in building a career in Finance at Marsh McLennan.What can you expect?
The RTIF FP&A program offers a meaningful opportunity to penultimate year university students in undergraduate programs to develop solutions for finance. During this 10-week program, summer interns will gain experience working within one of our Finance FP&A groups. Upon completion of the Summer Program, interns may be extended an offer to join us in a Full-Time role.What is in it for you?
What a typical day looks like:
- A company with a global brand and impressive results to match
- Manage a project that allows you to apply finance-based principles and is instrumental to the group you join
- Ongoing mentorship and training in the field of Finance and its related disciplines with a team of finance professionals
- Access to ongoing training and development via Marsh McLennan’s Finance Academy
- Engagement with senior leadership
- Social and networking events throughout the summer
- Employee Resource Groups supporting a diversity of topics including Women in Finance, Multicultural Inclusion and PRIDE. These groups provide access to leaders, offer volunteer and mentoring opportunities, and interactions with industry groups and client organizations.
What you need to have:
- Compiles financial data and quantitative analyses, in order to support recommendations.
- Reviews and conducts simple analysis of basic financial planning information, to make recommendations to management.
- Assists with audit activities, in order to comply with requirements.
- Follows best practice policies, in order to maintain compliance with regulatory standards.
- Supports month end close process by reviewing recurring/standard and ad hoc reports, researching basic general ledger activities and variances to budget and prior year.
- Assists in the development of financial plans by identifying financial outcomes and potential returns.
- Updates financial database by identifying sources of information and entering, verifying, and securing data.
- Assists in the preparation of financial presentations using a variety of formats, displays, reproduction of charts, graphs, and econometric models.
- Supports the development of budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Improves financial planning job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Must be in your penultimate year of study
- Be expected to achieve a minimum 2.1 degree classification or equivalent
- Majors Studying finance, economics, or business
- Critical thinking/analytic and some business communications skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Team player in a collaborative environment
- Attention to detail, organized and responsive to change
- Must have the Right to Work in the UK or Republic of Ireland
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We provide our colleagues with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy on our website.Company Profile
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit our website, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or subscribe to BRINK.