Position can be located in the Potters Bar, London or Bristol office.
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
The role holder will work with Introducers, the Senior Scheme Implementation Consultant and Sales Director. Ensuring business is managed throughout the end to end process to ensure SLA and client expectations are exceeded. Continues to seek market feedback from existing relationships as we evolve our proposition to the broader marketplace.
1) To facilitate the writing of good quality business in order to achieve or exceed agreed standards within agreed SLA and expectations of corporate clients.
2) To lead a Bulk Annuity transactions and take ownership of end to end scheme implementation and on-boarding. Support the Senior Scheme Implementation Consultant and Sales Director in securing business and provide technical expertise on administration and implementation issues.
3) To develop a 'scheme specific' implementation plan for each transactions and provide to all interested parties from the scheme and within Canada Life appropriate governance documentation demonstrating how the implementation project is being managed. Establish and maintain the correct governance and controls to on board the scheme in the most efficient and timely manner.
4) Work closely with the Senior Scheme Implementation Consultant and Sales, overseeing all aspects of the implementation process, establishing and managing work streams if required, and ensuring all milestones within the implementation plan are achieved.
5) Work closely with the Senior Scheme Implementation Consultant and Sales where required to assist in maximising new business opportunities at tender, beauty parade and site visit stages and with production of opportunity specific project documentation and marketing material.
6) Undertake a Post Implementation Review for each scheme, meeting with or reporting to the Trustees and their advisers and administrators as appropriate. Maintain an excellent knowledge of the Pension Risk Transfer proposition and processes along with any changes of pensions and de-risking legislation
7) Take responsibility for liaising with trustees, brokers and administrators, agreeing a timescale and process for the post transaction Data Verification process. Establish and monitor milestones in the Data Verification process and put remedial actions in place where needed. Manage the scheme data update of the post transaction Data Verification data with administration team.
8) Carry out a Post Implementation Review & lessons learned for each scheme, meeting with the wider internal stakeholder group and if applicable liaising with the trustees and their agents. Maintain an excellent knowledge of the Bulk Annuity proposition and processes along with any changes of pensions and de-risking legislation.
9) Maintain up to date knowledge of the Bulk Annuity proposition and processes along with any changes of pensions and de-risking legislation and market developments.
10) Keep relevant implementation MI up-to-date and distribute as required to internal stakeholders in a timely manner.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Demonstrates commitment to self-development must be studying towards or hold diploma qualification.
- PC literate
- Able to develop good working relationships within team and with internal and external customers
- Able to organise work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a customer facing sales environment including face to face meetings with key stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of all products, processes and procedures within team
- Knowledge of the sales process to enhance sales development
- Able to work on own initiative and to agreed targets by prioritising and planning
- Able to assist between all teams as demand requires
- Knowledge of the sales regulatory framework
- Working knowledge of sales systems and able to provide basic training
Having attained or working towards diploma level qualification. Ideally would have secured this qualification within 18 - 24 months of appointment.
Benefits of working at Canada Life
We believe in recognising and rewarding our people, so we offer a competitive salary and benefits package that's regularly reviewed. As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including a generous pension and bonus scheme, along with, income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance. We have a fantastic number of other benefits and support services as well as regular personal and professional development.
How we work at Canada Life
Our culture is unique and incredibly important to us. We care about doing the right thing for our people, customers and community and helping others to build better futures. Our blueprint behaviours shape and influence how we work, and are central to the relationships we have with others. Every day we are encouraged to be more curious, own the outcome, face into things together and find a way forward.
We want colleagues to have rewarding careers with us so we invest in the development of our people, technology and workplaces. That's why we offer a range of training, flexible working and opportunities to grow and develop.
Diversity and inclusion
Building an inclusive workplace with a diverse workforce where everyone can feel they belong and achieve their potential regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other characteristic is a key commitment for us. We are proud of the progress we're making in DEI, and we continue for it to be a significant focus.
"At Canada Life we believe in the power of great people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives coming together to build better futures. Emerging talent is crucial to our growth and creating an environment that continues to inspire us all." Nick Harding, Chief People Officer, Canada Life UK
We appreciate that everyone has different work and life responsibilities. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, including part time, for any of our roles should this be a requirement for.